Default Congratulations To The 2022 Tulsa Shootout A-main Winners

Huge congrats go out to all 6 of the Golden Driller winners of their respective divisions. Those who have done both the Chili Bowl as well as the Tulsa Shootout will tell you without hesitation that it's tougher to win a Driller in The Shootout than it is to win the Chili Bowl Driller.

There were over 1700 entries. Some cars were legal for more than one or two classes but there still was a $hitload of cars. The Shootout is becoming more and more relevant and popular as time goes on. It's great to see the younger kids getting their feet wet in dirt open wheel racing. The dirt open wheel divisions appear to have a solid pipeline towards the future of the higher divisions!

The winners by division:

Junior Sprints (ages 6 thru 12)-Lucas Mauldin of Rancho Murieta, CA

Restricted 'A' Class (ages 8 thru 16)-Jeff Nunley of Marlow, OK

Stock Wingless (no age restrictions)-Emerson Axsom of Franklin, IN

Winged 'A' Class (no age restrictions)-Jake Hagopian of Fresno, CA

Wingless Outlaw (no age restrictions)-Jeffrey Newell of Tulsa, OK

Winged Outlaw (no age restrictions)-Craig Ronk of Warsaw, IN

Great show, watched every day. Ronk was the class of the field in Wing Outlaw, so it was nice to see a Circus City guy get a driller. Micro racing as a whole is some of the best racing in the country. Best kept secret I’d guess.

I agree, lurker. Ronk was THE guy from the jump.

The indoor Tulsa track seems to have exactly the correct dimensions for great racing of the mini sprints. We see the mini's here in the Midwest regularly as a support class to the POWRi midgets and other divisions and some of the tracks really don't produce nearly as good racing as Tulsa. That is not to say it's bad but for whatever reason Tulsa seems to be built for the mini's to be the most entertaining.

From what I've been seeing and reading the Busch boys caused a bit of a stir out there. I have to say, it appears that the Busch kid handled things quite well. I understand why Emmett and his guys did what they did but they had to know it was going to cause some real dissent. I would say the decision by the Busch's took some heat off of Emmett and his people but the original mistake didn't completely go away.

The Shootout was pretty well run, and produced a great show for FLO. I suppose Lucas paid a lot, and asked for a lot of waiting time to announce the winners in their 18 or more Regions/Divisions/etc.