Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    You're spot on, Kid. The midgets provide the most consistently exciting and enjoyable racing of anything with 4 wheels that races on dirt tracks.As I said earlier, Sammy got just what he deserved. He's had it coming for a long time.You're not the only one who says they felt sorry for ol' Sammy just long enough to crack a smile! LOL!
    Hating good drivers now aren’t you 😜?

You're spot on, Kid. The midgets provide the most consistently exciting and enjoyable racing of anything with 4 wheels that races on dirt tracks.

As I said earlier, Sammy got just what he deserved. He's had it coming for a long time.

You're not the only one who says they felt sorry for ol' Sammy just long enough to crack a smile! LOL!
    I know right lol

Is it true that a quality Midget engine runs around 60 grand?

Post that question on Indiana Open Wheel forum and see what answers you get. Davie Ray is a good one to ask, as well as getting numerous other answers to your question. Hint, it’s a loaded question depending on who you ask.

lurker, you know as well as I do that flyopenboy wouldn't get past 10 posts on IOW. Mrs. G doesn't put up with stupid and haters and flyopenboy checks both of those boxes!

Good point Lurker. Racing isn't a cheap sport but, one thing I do know it takes one ball to play football but, it takes two balls to race. lol

Thanks guys! I could answer the question 6 different ways and not be wrong. Way too many circumstances for one right answer. I mean? Sure I could spend $60g on some form of a TRD, or Mopar, or Fontana etc etc midget engine --- but what form is it in and what comes with it? Its not a simple or easy question to answer. How Complete do you want it? And is it a National Level Midget engine? Regional? Where are you going to race the thing, competitively? I could go on and on!!!

lurker, you know as well as I do that flyopenboy wouldn't get past 10 posts on IOW. Mrs. G doesn't put up with stupid and haters and flyopenboy checks both of those boxes!
    This video talks about engine costs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGIAxD20CQI

Of course I wouldn’t be liked on an Indiana tumble buggy message board. I like late models and WINGED sprints

Flyboy you don't like the midgets?

How long you'd last at IOW has nothing to do with whether or not you like dirt open wheel cars, flyopenboy. It has to do with your stupidity and hate.

IOW is totally different from this joint. Although there are a few (very few) half wits and clowns at IOW most everyone has a working knowledge of what the hell they're talking about, unlike you, flyopenboy.

About 90% of what's posted on the DLM board here is an attempt at oneupmanship of someone who posted something that hurt their feelings. I know this to be true since I have several admirers who obsess over me every time I post the truth. It's fun and satisfying but it's time consuming and unlike some I don't get paid for my knowledge of the "dirt late model landscape", whatever that is. I get paid for doing business. I follow racing for enjoyment regardless of what's on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Kid, I'm reasonably sure flyopenboy had never attended a race of any kind, let alone a USAC/POWRi National show. Therefore, regardless of what he says he doesn't know what he's talking about. Just so you know what you're dealing with.

Kid, Lauren Stewart is once again promoting the Shamrock Classic USAC National Midget show in the Southern Illinois Center down at Du Quoin in March. She took the year off in 2021 due to the virus. You have any interest in going down there for that? It's usually a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Correct. I have seen USAC dirt and paved midget racing in person and it’s certainly not my thing as a spectator. I think driving them would be a blast.

How long you'd last at IOW has nothing to do with whether or not you like dirt open wheel cars, flyopenboy. It has to do with your stupidity and hate.IOW is totally different from this joint. Although there are a few (very few) half wits and clowns at IOW most everyone has a working knowledge of what the hell they're talking about, unlike you, flyopenboy.About 90% of what's posted on the DLM board here is an attempt at oneupmanship of someone who posted something that hurt their feelings. I know this to be true since I have several admirers who obsess over me every time I post the truth. It's fun and satisfying but it's time consuming and unlike some I don't get paid for my knowledge of the "dirt late model landscape", whatever that is. I get paid for doing business. I follow racing for enjoyment regardless of what's on the track.
    We have folks posting during the races on standings for each lap. Late Model board has useful information. It has opinion as well. CIRF appears pretty arrogant and hateful. You completely disrespect a guy like Sammy Swindell. His record speaks for itself. That’s my 2 cents.

Fly,

What tracks have you seen USAC dirt and paved midget racing in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    Fly,What tracks have you seen USAC dirt and paved midget racing in person?
    Kokomo a few times and the paved at Concord motor sports park back around 2008 ish. Dirt wasn’t awful but the concord event was by far the worst race I’ve ever gone too. Crashfest that went on all night. Unorganized mess.

Kid, I'm reasonably sure flyopenboy had never attended a race of any kind, let alone a USAC/POWRi National show. Therefore, regardless of what he says he doesn't know what he's talking about. Just so you know what you're dealing with.

Kid, Lauren Stewart is once again promoting the Shamrock Classic USAC National Midget show in the Southern Illinois Center down at Du Quoin in March. She took the year off in 2021 due to the virus. You have any interest in going down there for that? It's usually a great show.

I haven't thought about it to be honest. I've been super busy with work and have been working 6 and 7 days a week to try and get caught up and that's not happening right now. I have never seen it like this with this much work. I did take Saturday off to watch the chili bowl all day and then worked Sunday and everyday this week plus tomorrow and Sunday .

Yeah I hear it's a pretty good show. I keep saying I need to make it down one of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    This video talks about engine costs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGIAxD20CQI
    Totally irrelevant to the question you asked. Like I said, post your question on Indiana Open Wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Totally irrelevant to the question you asked. Like I said, post your question on Indiana Open Wheel.
    If you watch the hole thing Kenny said Midget engines are 60,000

I watched it, he’s an Idiot. Some can be $60g depending on the form and assemblies, some are not close to be $60g depending on the form and assemblies. Like I told you earlier, it’s a loaded question that is best suited for the Indiana Open Wheel brain trust. To say ALL midget engines are $60g is untruthful and disingenuous by nature. It’s an discussion deeper than your simple original question.