Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Too bad for you he kicks dirt late model ass regularly. Can you say Prairie Dirt Classic? Hahahahahaaaa!!!
    You wish 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    You wish 
    Read it and weep, flyopenboy! Hahahahaaaa!!

https://www.stlracing.com/2021/07/31...bury-speedway/

Read it and weep, flyopenboy! Hahahahaaaa!!https://www.stlracing.com/2021/07/31...bury-speedway/
    I feel bad for you. You only have 360 days until you are back to eatin chili out of that dust bowl. 😜😁

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I feel bad for you. You only have 360 days until you are back to eatin chili out of that dust bowl. 
    You really shouldn't waste your time feeling bad for me and the rest of the 15,000+ who attend all 6 nights. It's the best dirt racing in the world. Ticket demand is through the roof, car counts go up nearly every year, the Golden Driller is the most coveted trophy in dirt racing and it fetches the highest viewer ratings of any live nationally televised event on MavTV. Makes the World Hundred look small and insignificant to anyone but a drunk looking for a place to act a fool or a numbskull such as yourself!

You have the rest of your life to wallow in stupidity and hate. I only have to wait 12 months to again attend the greatest dirt event in the world.

Kid, everyone who attended prior to national television being involved knows why it runs so late and NO ONE is happy about it, least of all me and the group I attend with. The people in the stands and pits or those viewing on TV in the eastern and central time zones are all victims of the success and popularity!! This event has become so big, prestigious and universally relevant that the insufferably drawn out schedule is the new norm and will remain as such as long as attendance and viewership increases every year and remains the highest rated live event of the whole year on MavTV. The Chili Bowl has reached a zenith in it's universal relevance and popularity. How long it remains on top of the dirt racing mountain without someone greedily slaying the golden goose is a question only time can answer.
    Yes it's pretty obvious why it goes so late into the night but, with the event as popular as it is it was just a matter of time that was going to happen. I don't see that changing anytime soon either.

You really shouldn't waste your time feeling bad for me and the rest of the 15,000+ who attend all 6 nights. It's the best dirt racing in the world. Ticket demand is through the roof, car counts go up nearly every year, the Golden Driller is the most coveted trophy in dirt racing and it fetches the highest viewer ratings of any live nationally televised event on MavTV. Makes the World Hundred look small and insignificant to anyone but a drunk looking for a place to act a fool or a numbskull such as yourself!

You have the rest of your life to wallow in stupidity and hate. I only have to wait 12 months to again attend the greatest dirt event in the world.
    Yeah I don't understand why some just can't accept that the midgets put on some of the best racing no matter where they race at. I watch all kinds of racing and for me I would rather see the midgets vs the late models or any other form of racing to be honest

The cancel culture doesn't allow the word midget. It is little cars.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Yes it's pretty obvious why it goes so late into the night but, with the event as popular as it is it was just a matter of time that was going to happen. I don't see that changing anytime soon either.
    Kid, you should see the pit area during the extended TV induced down time. During the Saturday night down time the grandstands are at least half empty. Most who leave their seats have pit passes and jam the pit area. I must confess to being one with a pit pass. There are literally thousands of people milling around the pit area. I really believe that for safety sake Emmett & Co. are going to have to limit entrance to the pits. It's crazy crowded during Saturday night down time!

Yeah I don't understand why some just can't accept that the midgets put on some of the best racing no matter where they race at. I watch all kinds of racing and for me I would rather see the midgets vs the late models or any other form of racing to be honest
    It's purely a tribal thing, Kid. I've attended many midget shows at tracks whose bread & butter divisions are not midgets. Following a great midget A main I've asked the opinion on how the racing stacks up compared to the other divisions. The only aspect of the midget show that doesn't measure up to, and surpass, the other divisions is the fact that the midgets don't have starters, clutches or transmissions. My reply is this, don't fault the midgets, fault the track for not providing adequate equipment and proper organizational skills to run a expeditious show.

Again, The Chili Bowl is documented proof that an event involving cars sans starters, clutches & transmissions can be run quite efficiently. I've said for years that any track not experienced in organizing a dirt open wheel event should go to The Chili Bowl, watch, observe and commit to memory how it should be done without alienating some fans. Although, some fans are victims of tunnel vision to the degree they could never admit how great the small cars really are!

You really shouldn't waste your time feeling bad for me and the rest of the 15,000+ who attend all 6 nights. It's the best dirt racing in the world. Ticket demand is through the roof, car counts go up nearly every year, the Golden Driller is the most coveted trophy in dirt racing and it fetches the highest viewer ratings of any live nationally televised event on MavTV. Makes the World Hundred look small and insignificant to anyone but a drunk looking for a place to act a fool or a numbskull such as yourself!You have the rest of your life to wallow in stupidity and hate. I only have to wait 12 months to again attend the greatest dirt event in the world.
    The chili bowl is like Christmas. When it’s over you got a whole year to wait until it happens again. Country is free for now so you are free to watch tumble buggies if that’s what your into 😁

Kid, you should see the pit area during the extended TV induced down time. During the Saturday night down time the grandstands are at least half empty. Most who leave their seats have pit passes and jam the pit area. I must confess to being one with a pit pass. There are literally thousands of people milling around the pit area. I really believe that for safety sake Emmett & Co. are going to have to limit entrance to the pits. It's crazy crowded during Saturday night down time!

It's purely a tribal thing, Kid. I've attended many midget shows at tracks whose bread & butter divisions are not midgets. Following a great midget A main I've asked the opinion on how the racing stacks up compared to the other divisions. The only aspect of the midget show that doesn't measure up to, and surpass, the other divisions is the fact that the midgets don't have starters, clutches or transmissions. My reply is this, don't fault the midgets, fault the track for not providing adequate equipment and proper organizational skills to run a expeditious show.

Again, The Chili Bowl is documented proof that an event involving cars sans starters, clutches & transmissions can be run quite efficiently. I've said for years that any track not experienced in organizing a dirt open wheel event should go to The Chili Bowl, watch, observe and commit to memory how it should be done without alienating some fans. Although, some fans are victims of tunnel vision to the degree they could never admit how great the small cars really are!
    I can only imagine the amount of people that go down there during that time or even the whole event for that matters. Bob Sargant runs a pretty good show and keeps things moving along pretty good. I've heard him on the radio even telling the PowrI guys to get it together one night. Don't need starters and clutches to make a good show and the midgets are proof of that.

i think it was at least 66 times that them there bumble tuggys went for a wild ride this year.

Me, and about 16,000 other people are into attending the best dirt racing to see exciting race cars driven by the best dirt drivers in the world for 6 straight nights. The CB fills that bill to a tee. It sounds like some of ya'll are just a wee bit jealous.

Not exactly sure what "bumble tuggys" are but when there are 380+ cars involved unintended crashing is an inevitable byproduct. Throw in a record number of CB rookies and it becomes even more inevitable.

And some intended contact happens, as well. Sammy is a prime example of perpetrating intended contact and he had to pay the price for it. But, no one really believed ol' Sammy was going to be a factor in the Saturday night A main anyway.
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-19-2022 at 09:06 AM.

Yeah I'm not sure why the despise for the Midgets when they put on such a good show. Then you throw in the Chili Bowl and some of the best drivers in the country and what's not to like.

Sammy thought because he was Sammy ------ Swindell the rules don't apply to him but, he found out they did.

Yeah I'm not sure why the despise for the Midgets when they put on such a good show. Then you throw in the Chili Bowl and some of the best drivers in the country and what's not to like.

Sammy thought because he was Sammy ------ Swindell the rules don't apply to him but, he found out they did.
    I love it all and grew up especially loving the dirt late models but the fact that the small open wheel cars consistently put on an exciting and very entertaining show cannot be denied or diminished. As I said, it's pure tribalism and that stuff actually goes both ways.

Kid, if you have FloRacing there is an interview of Sammy as part of The Chili Bowl replay coverage. Check it out if you haven't already. It was apparent that ol' Sam didn't believe he did anything yo warrant being black flagged during his prelim night. I really believe ol' Sam paid the price this year for some of his past indiscretions that had accumulated over the years. One thing is for sure, if he feels the need without hesitation he'll do the same thing next year. Gotta' respect his resoluteness if nothing else!
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-19-2022 at 09:05 AM.

I love it all and grew up especially loving the dirt late models but the fact that the small open wheel cars consistently put on an exciting and very entertaining show cannot be denied or diminished. As I said, it's pure tribalism and that stuff actually goes both ways.

Kid, if you have FloRacing there is an interview of Sammy as part of The Chili Bowl replay coverage. Check it out if you haven't already. It was apparent that ol' Sam didn't believe he did anything yo warrant being black flagged during his prelim night. I really believe ol' Sam paid the price this year for some of his past indiscretions that had accumulated over the years. One thing is for sure, if he feels the need without hesitation he'll do the same thing next year. Gotta' respect his resoluteness if nothing else!
    I like the late models as well and they put on some good shows but, not as consistently as the midgets do in my opinion. I agree I like all kinds of racing

Was it the interview early Saturday morning because, if it was I seen it and felt sorry for him for about 1 sec. lol. He was at fault per the rule and they enforced the rule but, was consistent throughout the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    i think it was at least 66 times that them there bumble tuggys went for a wild ride this year.
    Wow. These kids can’t keep them upright.

I think if one would look at the CB flip ratio of total cars and laps turned, I’d say the number of flips is rather small in the bigger picture. This topic was mentioned on Flo during the Shootout as well.

Lurker you're correct. Almost 400 cars and countless laps.

I like the late models as well and they put on some good shows but, not as consistently as the midgets do in my opinion. I agree I like all kinds of racing

Was it the interview early Saturday morning because, if it was I seen it and felt sorry for him for about 1 sec. lol. He was at fault per the rule and they enforced the rule but, was consistent throughout the week.
    You're spot on, Kid. The midgets provide the most consistently exciting and enjoyable racing of anything with 4 wheels that races on dirt tracks.

As I said earlier, Sammy got just what he deserved. He's had it coming for a long time.

You're not the only one who says they felt sorry for ol' Sammy just long enough to crack a smile! LOL!

luker speaks truth.