Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Bryson is dang good on a slick track. Way to go girl! First female to qualify for the Chili Bowl Feature.
    Agreed, she ran a great race. She got down just in time before Blake got back by her. Congrats to her, team and her family.

just got back to our place and our group concluded that this year was one of the best and one to remember. Great racing all week long and we got to see Sammy whine like a sick puppy!

The Sat. A main was tremendous with hard racing all the way back through the field! just to get in the Sat. A main is a monumental accomplishment.

Not a huge Tanner Thorson fan but he deserves all the accolades he gets. He beat all the big hitters. He actually won the race in the pole shuffle.

Christmas is over for another year. And to all a good night!!

New kid won. !arson got beat. What car does Thorson have?

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    just got back to our place and our group concluded that this year was one of the best and one to remember. Great racing all week long and we got to see Sammy whine like a sick puppy!

The Sat. A main was tremendous with hard racing all the way back through the field! just to get in the Sat. A main is a monumental accomplishment.

Not a huge Tanner Thorson fan but he deserves all the accolades he gets. He beat all the big hitters. He actually won the race in the pole shuffle.

Christmas is over for another year. And to all a good night!!
    Glad to see someone different win it. Thorson ran a smart race and was pretty consistent all week. Larsons car was just not up to his liking. He never sounded confident in the car from the start or at least that's what I got from his interview. I was really hoping Justin Grant could have won but, A good week of racing and now the new season starts

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    New kid won. !arson got beat. What car does Thorson have?
    Yes Larson can be beat but, taking nothing away from the guy he's still the best all around racers out there bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Yes Larson can be beat but, taking nothing away from the guy he's still the best all around racers out there bar none.
    Who built Thorson’s car? Anyone know

If I’m not mistaken, Tanner assembles his own car. Spike / Stanton SR-11x
    Last edited by lurker; 01-16-2022 at 09:22 AM.

That’s awesome👍 I like the drivers who also turn the wrenches.

What time (eastern) did the A main start last night? I did not stay up for it.

A main started about 12:30 EST. Racing was great and Tanner did a great job. Only thing, I wish he would clean his language up a little when he is interviewed. But great to see new winner. Young lady did a great job.

Elliot is not skilled in any open wheeled race cars. He has ran enough of them to at least show some real talent. He is like his father, he can drive a fast pavement car just fine. But dirt?? That said, Elliot should enjoy himself and race dirt if he wants.

Question, what does the Chili Bowl pay to win? I know it is not all that important, but just wondering.

Midnight start is way too late. That happened last year. I also heard track prep took way to long again before the A main. Glad I opted out this year and did not watch last night. It’s a dirt track. It’s suppose to be bumpy. Language? You just kicked Kyle Larson’s butt. I’d spect some major excitement from the winner.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 01-16-2022 at 07:09 PM.

That is when it starts every year. I DVR it on MAV then record two extra programs to be sure I get it all

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    That is when it starts every year. I DVR it on MAV then record two extra programs to be sure I get it all
    That’s the best way to watch.

If you and the sanctimonious phony power boy need something to blame for the late finish of the biggest & best dirt event of the entire year look no further than the MavTV coverage. Everyone who attended prior to live national television coverage on MavTV of the C's B's and A main knows at that time the A main was finished prior to 11 PM CDT.

The 17 or 18 thousand who attend in person don't seem to care. Ticket demand is through the roof and as I posted previously the entire 6 nights were essentially sold out. 85% of all reserve tickets sold are purchased by customers who live outside of Oklahoma. I walked the pit area several times Saturday night and was amazed to see literally several hundred people setting in lawn chairs in the pits watching the jumbotrons. I asked a couple of them why and all said they couldn't get tickets so they bought pit passes just to be there!

The one and only person I know of who hates Kyle Larson posts here! Did he pick on you in 3rd grade or something or did he steal you high school sweetheart away right before prom? LOL!

I didn't care what time it started because, I had the option to stay up or watch it this morning on Flo's replay. I did both lol

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    If you and the sanctimonious phony power boy need something to blame for the late finish of the biggest & best dirt event of the entire year look no further than the MavTV coverage. Everyone who attended prior to live national television coverage on MavTV of the C's B's and A main knows at that time the A main was finished prior to 11 PM CDT.The 17 or 18 thousand who attend in person don't seem to care. Ticket demand is through the roof and as I posted previously the entire 6 nights were essentially sold out. 85% of all reserve tickets sold are purchased by customers who live outside of Oklahoma. I walked the pit area several times Saturday night and was amazed to see literally several hundred people setting in lawn chairs in the pits watching the jumbotrons. I asked a couple of them why and all said they couldn't get tickets so they bought pit passes just to be there!The one and only person I know of who hates Kyle Larson posts here! Did he pick on you in 3rd grade or something or did he steal you high school sweetheart away right before prom? LOL!
    It’s not about hating Kyle. It’s about seeing someone step up to beat him. CIRF is a bandwagon fan. 😜😂

Kid, everyone who attended prior to national television being involved knows why it runs so late and NO ONE is happy about it, least of all me and the group I attend with. The people in the stands and pits or those viewing on TV in the eastern and central time zones are all victims of the success and popularity!! This event has become so big, prestigious and universally relevant that the insufferably drawn out schedule is the new norm and will remain as such as long as attendance and viewership increases every year and remains the highest rated live event of the whole year on MavTV. The Chili Bowl has reached a zenith in it's universal relevance and popularity. How long it remains on top of the dirt racing mountain without someone greedily slaying the golden goose is a question only time can answer.
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-17-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Hey knucklehead flyopenboy, if I'm a "bandwagon" fan (whatever that is) then I've proudly been on that bandwagon for well over a decade. Larson entered onto my radar way back in 2010. It was somewhat evident even then that we were dealing with a rare and special talent. If you don't enjoy and appreciate rare and special talent that's your birthright. However, most true racing fans do. Which is it, did he pick on you or steal your sweetie? LOL!

Yep CIRF is stuck up on the cushion with Kyle Larson 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Yep CIRF is stuck up on the cushion with Kyle Larson 
    Too bad for you he kicks dirt late model ass regularly. Can you say Prairie Dirt Classic? Hahahahahaaaa!!!