Default Bruce "Rabbit" Rayburn Dies

Southern Oregon car builder/racer Bruce Rayburn passed away over Christmas holidays.

Bruce's days went back to the wedge Late Model times and he built a lot of them then transitioned to the more modern version of LM after the wedge days were over. As the Late Models pretty much disappeared from the West Coast he started doing Mods and had many very successful ones out here. He also built some Pro/Super Stocks and we've got a few of them running with our Tristate Pro Stock Challenge series, one some 16 years old and still winning and a 2 year old one that is another winner.

His cars were immaculately built and he was known for the quality of his builds and easily accessible help when you needed it. He also volunteered his time for tech at several of the Oregon tracks.

I don't think he was any relation to CJ Rayburn who, ironically, we also lost a few days ago and he wasn't the nationally known builder that CJ was but he was very well thought of out here.

He was 71 when he passed away and left a huge gap in the West's racing family. RIP Rabbit.

Sad to hear this. I have never heard of him but I'm sure his family will miss him dearly. Unfortunately this story wont get the interest unless you can tie his death to covid. That is what excites people these days.