Unhappy Obituary and funeral arrangements for CJ Raburn.

Obituary and funeral arrangements for CJ Raburn.

https://www.swartzmortuary.com/obituary/carl-cj-rayburn
    Last edited by ModJr3; 01-03-2022 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Working link
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I hadn't known. but it appears that C. J.s daughter Carla is married to the real GOAT Billy Moyer. It kinda struck me odd that I dont recollect Billy running a Rayburn chassis ? My oldest memories of Billy are of him running the Larry Shaw product ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I hadn't known. but it appears that C. J.s daughter Carla is married to the real GOAT Billy Moyer. It kinda struck me odd that I dont recollect Billy running a Rayburn chassis ? My oldest memories of Billy are of him running the Larry Shaw product ?
    I do not believe Billy & Carla are actually married. Billy ran Rayburn cars in the past, I'm thinking around the time Babb drove for him. I think there is a Shaw connection also, possibly a former wife? I'm thinking Billy Jr is a product of that, I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    ----- I dont recollect Billy running a Rayburn chassis ? My oldest memories of Billy are of him running the Larry Shaw product ?
    Early to Mid 80’s, ShawBurn cars. If I remember correctly --- the car was a Shaw front clip with a Rayburn rear. Larry would finish the car at his shop. (Mastersbuilt racer and I have talked about this in the past.)

Billy won his last outlaw title driving a rayburn in 05 i know. I think he ran rayburn cars up until around 07 or 08 when he started running victory circle cars.

It also seems that C. J was a former moonshine runner in his early days !

If the track was right at one time Rayburn was most dominate chassis around. Some drivers never were the same after Rayburn. Like Dan Schleiper and Shannon Babb

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Everyone drove a Rayburn at one time or another..LOL
    The hearse used to haul my Grandma to the cemetery was a swing arm Rayburn...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019