Default Taylor Co Speedway Campbellsville Ky

Anyone know where this track was located in Campbellsville? I was there once as a kid, but I dont remember exactly where it was. Didnt a shopping mall or WalMart get built on the property? Any help would be appreciated.

It was located at the Fairgrounds I think, it was ran by the American Legion if my memory is right. Property is still there on the outskirts of town. Just passed by there today and I believe they might have a mud bog pit (or whatever it’s called) located there now. It’s located on hwy 68/55 coming from Lebanon

Thank you!

Wow...! Taylor co. Speedway .It was a great racing track where 2 or 3 cars could run side by side for 20 laps. Probably the second best track in the state .. next to Florence. I guess the down fall was same old story, bad management, the local American Legion or whatever.
    At one point at the track all the great local talent was pretty much dried up. All the best cars from Brownstown would drive down to central Ky and put on quite a show.

Tried to post a pic of what’s left of the place but could not. I live in cville and grew up going and actually lived at the track because my dad took care of the grounds. Unfortunately the track was to close to town and a subdivision was built behind it, leading to the demise of the track I dearly loved and miss!

If you go to Google Maps and type in "American Legion Road, Campbellsville, KY" you can pretty easily see the outline of turn 2 and most of the backstretch. I've spent many Friday nights there in my youth, always absolutely covered in dirt when I left. Saw my favorite driver win there several times, Ol' number 11 ...Thurman "Finn" Watson.

I went there on a Sunday. It was a makeup from a Friday night rainout. I remember going to Barren County to the Kentucky Klassic, stayed somewhere and went to Taylor County on the Sunday. We bought tickets off a couple on Saturday at Barren Co. Got hot laps and maybe a couple heats in and the rains came and rained it out. Loved Barren County too, miss that place!!