Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vado

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    I think the race on Wednesday the 12th could very well be the race of the year
    Great race for sure.

Here for the finale and the track is looking great in hot laps again. Would expect another outstanding night of racing. Staying in El Paso is great. Tons to do and it’s only 30 min straight shot on I-10 from our hotel. Las Cruces even closer (like 20 min). I know it’s a little bit cooler than AZ but I’ve been to colder nights at Volusia than it was here last night and I don’t know what there is to do there that there isn’t here. Hiking, golf, food joints, etc. Maybe I’m sounding like a Vado apologist to everyone angry that it’s not in AZ but just been incredibly impressed by everything I’m seeing here.
    Last edited by GregA12; 01-16-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks for the info. I think Vado would be a great trip out west.

Looking forward to seeing race tomorrow on DOD. Racing has been great down there all week. Great race prep too.

GregA12,

It's not near the vacation location to me. I was one of the complaining people, but the track races awesome. This is the first WWSO I've missed in a while. I'll give it a shot next year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

What was the average fan count 100 a night

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    What was the average fan count 100 a night
    I counted 22 but I’m assuming you’re here so maybe you counted more?

Maybe right if he was drunk and seeing double. But quadruple ? ? ?

No I'm not there. Do they just not have late model fans out that way or is it just to cold?

Came down for Saturday and Today. Conservatively I’d say that place can sit 2,500 people? Not including suites. I’d say it was 1/3rd full maybe more, the suites seemed to be full. After watching all week, there were a lot more people there than I expected, not empty by any means. Late models just aren’t a big deal in NM, definitely more open wheel and sprints. I’ll be interested to see what the crowd is for WoO sprints in March.

Orangefan It just like from the camera angle there wasn't that many people there that's why I was curious thanks for the reply

Marlar with the win last night. Longhorns baby

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Marlar with the win last night. Longhorns baby
    Longhorns my azz. Marlar wins in anything he gets in. Chassis has nothing to do with it.
    8/13/16

A light crowd is an understatement, however Ben and DJ like to brag about the 1000s of us watching on Flo. Thats where the money is these days. WHOLESALE money! Wowza!!

Why would anyone go to Vado? Tuscon is 4 hours away and you can only eat so many tacos before you are bored out of your mind. Now lets compare this to East Bay for 5 days, heck yea!

I would think if you are looking for something to build on for the future that Vado is not the answer but nobody asked me for my advice when they were planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Longhorns my azz. Marlar wins in anything he gets in. Chassis has nothing to do with it.
    I agree with you 👍

Marlar comports himself well and Bobby Pierce (and others) should continue to learn from Marlar.

Quote Originally Posted by johnE View Post
    Marlar comports himself well and Bobby Pierce (and others) should continue to learn from Marlar.
    Experience counts

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    A light crowd is an understatement, however Ben and DJ like to brag about the 1000s of us watching on Flo. Thats where the money is these days. WHOLESALE money! Wowza!!

Why would anyone go to Vado? Tuscon is 4 hours away and you can only eat so many tacos before you are bored out of your mind. Now lets compare this to East Bay for 5 days, heck yea!

I would think if you are looking for something to build on for the future that Vado is not the answer but nobody asked me for my advice when they were planning.
    I’ve been to East Bay many times and know that area well (and will be down for the last 2 Lucas races this year) Both places are fun to visit and have phenomenal racing. Vado is a gem and East Bay is a dump (still love it though). Anyway, El Paso/Las Cruces have anything the Tampa area has to offer IMO. Been to Phx. Not for races but I still don’t see what’s missing other than tons of levels people have their RV’s parked there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I agree with you 
    I'd rather you didn't. 🙂
    8/13/16