Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vado

Default Vado

Well I didn’t get to watch all of the races but the ones I did....the track was very racy. Shout out to the track prep “engineers”. Well done boys. If other tracks took the time to figure out what makes that happen, you’d not have a problem putting butts in the seats.

Speaking of butts in the seats....doesn’t look like the attendance is all that stellar at Vado.

Temperature not helping.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Temperature not helping.
    Huh, 74 degrees yesterday in Phoenix with overnight lows at low 50's. Tell me again why moving it to Vado is a good idea?????Wild West Shootout belongs in Arizona!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Huh, 74 degrees yesterday in Phoenix with overnight lows at low 50's. Tell me again why moving it to Vado is a good idea?????Wild West Shootout belongs in Arizona!!!!
    Go to your track of choice and schedule a race. Let's see what you can do

The year i went to Volusia, it was under 30 degrees 3 of the 6 nights. Its part of nature in the winter, its gets cold.

The track they had it at last year closed down.

I believe Chad from FALS is doing prep out there this year.

Not gonna agree or disagree. Golfing in Chandler and watching Chilli bowl on Flo at night. Next best thing to being there.
    8/13/16

Many of the tracks in Arizona have historically struggled to stay open for years, crooked promoters/employees, low regular season fan/racers counts, the dreaded development thing, etc., etc. The weather in the winter is iffy and I've frozen my azz off many times there. Northern Nevada has been in the same situation for decades with the same problems.

Royal Jones builds a state of the art facility, is a long time racer himself, has a history of making things happen and is a very viable and stable probability of long term success. WWSO had a good run in AZ and there's no reason not to give New Mexico a shot with it. Although the car counts likely won't grow the coming week the attendance probably will, just as the AZ WWSO did.

Extra bonus for the AZ fans is there are different golf courses in Las Cruces and El Paso to try during the days and, if you have a passport, you can cross the border at El Paso and renew your prescriptions in Mexico and probably save enough right there to cover part of your travel nut.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Many of the tracks in Arizona have historically struggled to stay open for years, crooked promoters/employees, low regular season fan/racers counts, the dreaded development thing, etc., etc. The weather in the winter is iffy and I've frozen my azz off many times there. Northern Nevada has been in the same situation for decades with the same problems. Royal Jones builds a state of the art facility, is a long time racer himself, has a history of making things happen and is a very viable and stable probability of long term success. WWSO had a good run in AZ and there's no reason not to give New Mexico a shot with it. Although the car counts likely won't grow the coming week the attendance probably will, just as the AZ WWSO did. Extra bonus for the AZ fans is there are different golf courses in Las Cruces and El Paso to try during the days and, if you have a passport, you can cross the border at El Paso and renew your prescriptions in Mexico and probably save enough right there to cover part of your travel nut.
    Stands full EVERY night in Az the last 4 years. Vado is NOT a vacation destination, Phoenix Arizona is!!!! Hoping Cocopah Speedway can acquire the Shootout in the future. That place is a Diamond in the Desert.

Well if they don't figure out how to get buts in the empty seats they mite not be around very long.

There isn't enough of a slm following out west for them to have teams tow that far west. You need local talent to help fill fields and seats. Screven lost woo, facilities, in my eyes are a dump, but the track produces great racing. I personally think it would be a great place for them to go.

Ooof with Vado not being a vacation destination that Phoenix is, car count of 27 tonight. I sure hope they can make this event work. But gotta think this was a giant flop with cold temps and empty stands. I know with my travels I couldn’t wait to leave NM and get somewhere better. I would 10/10 times be traveling to Florida over NM every year. Unless I win powerball and hit the road for every race. Just such a bummer that the AZ Speedway had to close. Maybe Vegas works better?

Absolutely pathetic display of fan support in the stands.
    There's a reason many big names didn't venture out this year.
    The car count is almost as bad as the fan count.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Absolutely pathetic display of fan support in the stands.
    There's a reason many big names didn't venture out this year.
    The car count is almost as bad as the fan count.
    lol Just shows car count doesn't mean anything. The racing is fantastic!

No kidding……wow.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Great race! Congratulations to Roberts Motorsports and Albertson. Marler/Pierce just going for the same spot. Sad that there is no fan support of this place.

They keep up this kind of finishes and races, the fans will come.

Tomorrow will be a intetesting day on here.

Does anything really even need to be said? Mikey pretty much dropped the Mic on what needed to be said.

That was absolutely fantastic how he gave 32 credit for driving him like he did and said he would have done the exact same thing…..and then smashed the entire circus with the velvet hammer.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    They keep up this kind of finishes and races, the fans will come.

Tomorrow will be a intetesting day on here.
    That place is putting on some incredible racing. Race of the Year type stuff and we’re not even to Jan 15. Can’t wait to get down there Saturday…even with the really cool temps.