Thread: Dereck Ramirez

Default Dereck Ramirez

I have a dumb question. In watching the last few nights of the Wild West Shootout, I noticed the body on Dereck Ramirez's car looks more like a B Modified rather than the traditional A Mod body. Is there a reason his body looks so much different than the rest of the field? Does he get a weight break or spoiler difference running this B Mod type of body? I only recently started following the UMP/USRA/IMCA type modifieds as there isn't much of that type of racing where I live in Pennsylvania. I have really enjoyed the WWSO, the Mods seem to put on a good show.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 01-13-2022 at 11:35 AM.

It’s a USMTS mod, you can run half sail panels or long sail panels but you cannot have windows. Most on the tour run long sails. They used to allow open sails panels like late models but they took them away and he doesn’t like long sails so he runs the half ones.

"It’s a USMTS mod, you can run half sail panels or long sail panels but you cannot have windows. Most on the tour run long sails. They used to allow open sails panels like late models but they took them away and he doesn’t like long sails so he runs the half ones."

Thanks for the clarification. I was confused because he appeared to be the only one running half sail panels at Vado.