Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XR Buys SAS!

While I agree This industry is tired, predictable, and needs a kick in the a$$ but please explain to me how gobbling up many small series and paying 50k to win all the time is the answer? Only a few teams will benefit from the cash at the end of the day. Most of these big shows (XR, Lucas, WoO) will be lucky to draw enough cars to justify a Bmain and weekly racing is even more dead than we know it now.

As a die hard race fan (and I do not feel I am alone here) I feel that I personally dont want/need to invest $100/month into 3 streaming services to be able to watch it all either.

I am all for someone playing the disrupter but what is the end game?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    While I agree This industry is tired, predictable, and needs a kick in the a$$ but please explain to me how gobbling up many small series and paying 50k to win all the time is the answer? Only a few teams will benefit from the cash at the end of the day. Most of these big shows (XR, Lucas, WoO) will be lucky to draw enough cars to justify a Bmain and weekly racing is even more dead than we know it now.

As a die hard race fan (and I do not feel I am alone here) I feel that I personally dont want/need to invest $100/month into 3 streaming services to be able to watch it all either.

I am all for someone playing the disrupter but what is the end game?
    The world is ending. We agree on something. Local racing is all but dead.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 01-18-2022 at 09:04 AM.

There are simply not enough cars out there for this to end well, someone is going to eventually suffer IMO. I dont know who or what will break first, its not 2002 anymore.

I feel like it is going to hurt weekly racing even more. Racers that have the ability, are going to go where the money is. In return, fans are not going to want to pay to get into weekly racing events if there are not quality cars there to watch.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 01-18-2022 at 09:07 AM.

Got a feeling this will be like the old World Hockey League that was going to outdo the NHL, the various new leagues that were going to make the NFL fail, upstart basketball incarnations to bedevil the NBA, and on and on for different sports, new chain restaurants to kill the McDonald's of that world, etc. etc. etc.

In the long run a few years down the line we'll probably be asking whatever happened to that XR group that was the great new future of dirt racing. Maybe not but I doubt it.

I don’t get it. See people complaining about driver pay and complaining about the two national touring series not stepping up. So XR has it seems and others have raised their bar accordingly. I don’t know XR from Adam except Dan Robinson which recently joined the company. But several here predicted their would not be a year two of the Bristol XR race but here we are. Time will tell.
    I hate time trials.

How many streaming services can one have? I am not going to subscribe to XR as I have Flo, MAV and Dirtvision. XR would be wise to align with Flo so that they can reach a wider and established based of subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    That's like saying Pepsi should merge with Coke.
    I think its more like Dr Thunder to Dr Pepper.

Interesting part is, is that it appears Flo still has the broadcast rights for a year.

Hope this helps SAS!