Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XR Buys SAS!

Default XR Buys SAS!

Per DoD, XR has purchased the long running Southern Allstar Series.

I’m unsure what this portends for the future of SLM racing but this continues the trend of increasing investment in the business of dirt racing.

Perhaps we will see the continued acquisition of regional series by those parties seeking to secure broadcast rights for streaming content. Investors are betting that the market for viewers of SLM streaming content still has growth potential. I tend to agree with that position, and innovative marketing needs to drive the search for new subscribers and in person attendees.

Wow. I do also agree with your thoughts. I’m glad super late model racing is very strong right now.

I agree that the streaming market is huge, and this looks like the direction its heading. I don't think this will hurt attendance very much either.
    Personally, I'm going to hit 2 to 3 LOLMDS races and 1 or 2 WoO races per year, whether I have subscribed to their services or not. Having the services just means I get to see the ones I wouldn't normally attend. I've never passed up a potential race that I would have attended to watch on TV.

Just a few more acquisitions to go...

XR Southern Series
    XR Mid West Series
    XR Atlantic Series

A thought.

The XR Super Series is the biggest thing to hit dirt racing since Doug Bland and Xtreme. Since it first popped up on the scene I've made the assumption that it was bankrolled by Marcus Smith. I have seen no actual proof of who is behind it, but I am sure plenty of people know. Anyone care to fill in the rest of us who is behind the curtain.

Is this the case or just the biggest thing since the NDRL?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    A thought.The XR Super Series is the biggest thing to hit dirt racing since Doug Bland and Xtreme. Since it first popped up on the scene I've made the assumption that it was bankrolled by Marcus Smith. I have seen no actual proof of who is behind it, but I am sure plenty of people know. Anyone care to fill in the rest of us who is behind the curtain.Is this the case or just the biggest thing since the NDRL?
    Very very very good question and yes I assume Marcus is behind it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    A thought.The XR Super Series is the biggest thing to hit dirt racing since Doug Bland and Xtreme. Since it first popped up on the scene I've made the assumption that it was bankrolled by Marcus Smith. I have seen no actual proof of who is behind it, but I am sure plenty of people know. Anyone care to fill in the rest of us who is behind the curtain.Is this the case or just the biggest thing since the NDRL?
    Hello sir, XR and the XR Super Series has nothing to do with Marcus Smith and SMI outside of hosting races at their facilities. The company is owned entirely by Barry and Jennifer Braun out of Silver Bay, Minnesota with no investors or partners. We have an awesome team of people working behind the scenes to put on these events and work with these regional series and we are looking forward to an awesome 2022. See you guys at the races. Jackson Braun

At this point I don’t have much interest mainly because without any highlights of races being shared with DOD or via YouTube or anywhere else except by paying for a subscription to XR I have no idea the quality of their racing or broadcasts, etc.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jbraun57 View Post
    Hello sir, XR and the XR Super Series has nothing to do with Marcus Smith and SMI outside of hosting races at their facilities. The company is owned entirely by Barry and Jennifer Braun out of Silver Bay, Minnesota with no investors or partners. We have an awesome team of people working behind the scenes to put on these events and work with these regional series and we are looking forward to an awesome 2022. See you guys at the races. Jackson Braun
    Well duh, I think we all know who they are owned by.
    It was just a thought that someone else present on Facebook and it made a bit of sense to a certain point.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Just an observation... Seems like they are selling a lot of sizzle right now, but I'm not sure how much steak there is to it. Not trying to be a party-pooper, but this could be a travelling vaudeville show...

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Just a few more acquisitions to go...XR Southern SeriesXR Mid West SeriesXR Atlantic Series
    Add Lucas and WOOThat’s scary actually

Quote Originally Posted by jbraun57 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Thanks to the Braun family for investing into SLM racing 👍

I will just have to say goodbye to SAS. $40 a month a little to steep for me.

Quote Originally Posted by knot View Post
    I will just have to say goodbye to SAS. $40 a month a little to steep for me.
    The quality of their shows, seem to be between Mav and dirtvision, and nowhere near as good as Flo's stuff. Everybody trashes Eshelman, but he is 100xs better than the guys that do the XR shows. I dont think I will be sinking another $40 a month into another streaming service for now.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The quality of their shows, seem to be between Mav and dirtvision, and nowhere near as good as Flo's stuff. Everybody trashes Eshelman, but he is 100xs better than the guys that do the XR shows. I dont think I will be sinking another $40 a month into another streaming service for now.
    That post is as smooth as cream cheese on a bagel...

I was out on xr when they put the post up sh!t talking rigsby and saying they were the first to do something flo did over a year ago.

AGREED 100%, love what XR is doing but they need announcers who know late models way better.

It’s a race toward bankruptcy or at least a huge tax write off. There is no way all these high payoffs will be financially viable. $50k races are now common place and if a fan misses one, there’s another one to see soon. Not must attend events like rare 50k races used to be.

Super Late Model racing is dying a slow death as car counts continue to plummet. High money on top only feeds few professional teams and does nothing to solve the issue of low car counts.

Super Late Models may be dying a slow to fast death on the Local Scene , but Nationally there appears to be growth for special events. Late Model Racing has thrived and dipped throughout their history. Too early to sign their death certificate.

From Barry's Facebook Page.

Barry Braun
    6h ·
    Lots of great feedback today. I remind myself daily that nothing we do at XR is ground breaking or rocket science. It’s not unsustainable. It is simply a different spin on things. This industry is tired, predictable, and needs a kick in the ass. See you at the races.
    Nathan Stephens