Thumbs up A thought on the new XR Super Series.

A thought.

The XR Super Series is the biggest thing to hit dirt racing since Doug Bland and Xtreme. Since it first popped up on the scene I've made the assumption that it was bankrolled by Marcus Smith. I have seen no actual proof of who is behind it, but I am sure plenty of people know. Anyone care to fill in the rest of us who is behind the curtain.

Is this the case or just the biggest thing since the NDRL?

It would be funny if Doug Bland was a 2nd name behind this but i doubt it.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Its bankrolled by the streaming subscriptions revenue which is why they're trying to grow the brand by adding even more subscribers at $35/month with providing more content throughout the season. Think of all the grassroots levels they run at their shows where people are more than happy to pay to watch friends and family race. Now add consistent late model racing to that throughout the summer where people are going to sign up for multiple months instead of maybe just doing Bristol and canceling.

Just hope the promoters don't follow Nascars lead.

nascar has been kept a float by the massive billion $ tv deal they got a few years ago, not people in the stands. the dirt world has noticed that by now. Id look for rental rides become more the norm in the not too distant future