Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Carpenter

Default Tyler Carpenter

Tyler came in 50th out of 62 in practice in Arca

So yer saying there’s a chance???
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

He's no Natalie Decker.

Nope not hardly

This is 50% off topic but pertinent, nonetheless. There must be a lot of money being bandied about for buy a ride deals! Andy Hillenburg has 16 cars entered for Daytona. That's matches the total car count for Springfield & Du Quoin last summer. Just 16 cars took the green flag at Springfield and at least 2 of those 16 were dirt track only teams. Just 14 cars started at Du Quoin and only 16 showed up with 2 of those 16 being dirt track only cars.

Where the hell are 64 ARCA cars coming from?

Unbelievable.

That is a mathematical question that will keep me awake a long time. I am afraid there may be more than one answer.

His participation in the test was not about setting fast time. It was to demonstrate to the powers that be he can earn his NASCAR license. Consistency and control come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    This is 50% off topic but pertinent, nonetheless. There must be a lot of money being bandied about for buy a ride deals! Andy Hillenburg has 16 cars entered for Daytona. That's matches the total car count for Springfield & Du Quoin last summer. Just 16 cars took the green flag at Springfield and at least 2 of those 16 were dirt track only teams. Just 14 cars started at Du Quoin and only 16 showed up with 2 of those 16 being dirt track only cars.Where the hell are 64 ARCA cars coming from?Unbelievable.
    There were not 64 cars. There were 64 unique car numbers with teams, like Niece Motorsports, running the same car with different drivers in morning and afternoon sessions along with the different days.The sponsorship dollars are there for more cars to run Daytona than the other places you identified. The coupling of the event with Speedweeks in Daytona also helps out for the increase car count/entry in the event. It is easier to pick up a car and driver w/sponsorship money for Daytona than any other event on the ARCA schedule .

Quote Originally Posted by Clump O Clay View Post
    There were not 64 cars. There were 64 unique car numbers with teams, like Niece Motorsports, running the same car with different drivers in morning and afternoon sessions along with the different days.The sponsorship dollars are there for more cars to run Daytona than the other places you identified. The coupling of the event with Speedweeks in Daytona also helps out for the increase car count/entry in the event. It is easier to pick up a car and driver w/sponsorship money for Daytona than any other event on the ARCA schedule .
    Your point crossed my mind while posting and you are 100% correct regarding exposure and sponsorship resources available at Daytona Speedweeks as opposed to the two Illinois State Fairs. I have no idea how the switching of numbers and cars and drivers affects the actual car count but for conversation sake lets say there were 45 different cars in the garage. That is still waaaay over double the car count of the two ARCA races we attend. If my made up number of 45 is anywhere near correct the horrendous drop off of cars elsewhere on the schedule is very surprising.

I've had some conversations with the dirt only ARCA teams and they've emphatically stated that it costs many, many times more to run any of the super speedways than it does the two dirt races. That includes tires, travel expenses, engines and a myriad of safety mandates. Plus, the dirt races do not impress the NASCAR people in spite of the fact it takes as much or probably more driver talent and skill to be fast on the dirt as opposed to riding around single file till the final 2 miles.

I was actually there. You are correct, there was not actually 64 different cars there. The car count was probably more in the high 20's if I were guessing. Tyler Carpenter actually did good. He wasn't there the first day, just the second so practice time was limited. He didn't get very much drafting in which is where the fast times come from. He is a racer, if he gets to run this race he will do fine. The really cool thing though, is the reason I was there my son, Brayton Laster, was actually there testing too. He is also a much lesser well known and lesser experienced dirt late model driver. My son actually signed a deal this morning to race in the Lucas Oil 200 on February 19th. We couldn't be more happy.

I wonder how many arca cars will be starting in the back of the 500. It's been widely reported they don't have a full field of entries this year. Nascrap will probably let them run a few laps then park em.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I wonder how many arca cars will be starting in the back of the 500. It's been widely reported they don't have a full field of entries this year. Nascrap will probably let them run a few laps then park em.
    I don't believe the ARCA series cars are the next gen cars yet so, I doubt very much Nascar will allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman13 View Post
    I was actually there. You are correct, there was not actually 64 different cars there. The car count was probably more in the high 20's if I were guessing. Tyler Carpenter actually did good. He wasn't there the first day, just the second so practice time was limited. He didn't get very much drafting in which is where the fast times come from. He is a racer, if he gets to run this race he will do fine. The really cool thing though, is the reason I was there my son, Brayton Laster, was actually there testing too. He is also a much lesser well known and lesser experienced dirt late model driver. My son actually signed a deal this morning to race in the Lucas Oil 200 on February 19th. We couldn't be more happy.
    Congrats to your son

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman13 View Post
    Glad to hear from someone actually in Daytona and involved.

I wish your son the best of luck and success while racing in Daytona.

The ARCA cars of today are actually on par with the current K&N East and West cars that run in NASCAR Touring. They aren't anything like the Cup or even Xfinity cars so there wouldn't be any crossover.

In years past when ARCA teams bought up the old Cup cars it could maybe have happened but those days have long since passed.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Kidrock, I quit following nascrap long ago. Your right, I forgot about this next Gen car they babble about that's suppose to save nascrap. They keep trying to have fans that sip tea and spend thousands on big tents and parties. I believe they have outlawed the flag of the south. They seem to have forgotten those rednecks are what made nascar what it is today. The parties at places like bristol and talladega are merely shadows of what they used to be. Rant over. Come on kid kyle, kick there tales again so we can see you enjoying yourself racing on what made you. DIRT.

Kidrock, I quit following nascrap long ago. Your right, I forgot about this next Gen car they babble about that's suppose to save nascrap. They keep trying to have fans that sip tea and spend thousands on big tents and parties. I believe they have outlawed the flag of the south. They seem to have forgotten those rednecks are what made nascar what it is today. The parties at places like bristol and talladega are merely shadows of what they used to be. Rant over. Come on kid kyle, kick there tales again so we can see you enjoying yourself racing on what made you. DIRT.

Ever hear of ARCA BRAKES? Daytona will be a wreckfest with cars flipping and crashing hard.

There are still old Cup cars racing in ARCA. Just last year, a car built for Sterling Marlin in 1999 ran in the Daytona ARCA race.

Video for reference:
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post

Greed is what happened to Nascar. Greed is the root of all evil.