Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    do they have CNC,s that can weld an entire LM chassis ?
    Dunnu, but there was a go kart mfrer that used robots ,a few years ago, to weld their frames. They won a ton of races!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Dunnu, but there was a go kart mfrer that used robots ,a few years ago, to weld their frames. They won a ton of races!
    That would be phantom. They are the largest manu of karts. They recently posted about the process only taking one man from start to finish to take the tubing from one machine to the others. They have fallen off winning big races in recent years. They somewhat remind me of GRT, always trying to sell a trick of the week. Or in this case new frame design of the year

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    That would be phantom. They are the largest manu of karts. They recently posted about the process only taking one man from start to finish to take the tubing from one machine to the others. They have fallen off winning big races in recent years. They somewhat remind me of GRT, always trying to sell a trick of the week. Or in this case new frame design of the year
    I had one of their nemesis carts. Got it new in 03 I believe. Hated that thing. Won a pile of races but every week you were moving washers on the front getting all the percentages back right on it. The cross numbers would change dramatically after every race. Went back to running a tempest by millennium. Winning just as many races but with way less work.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    your exactly right , I was at a sentman trade show at Memphis back in the early 2000,s and GRT had a new improved frt lower control arm , I ask Joe about it and he said you had to have one , I studied this thing for a while , pulled out my tape measure and did a little basic measuring and could not see a difference geometry wise , so I asked joe to explain how it improved performance , he looked at me with that ole smurk he had and said , " there really isn't , but we have to sell parts " now I did not think a whole lot of Joe , but he was honest , every time I see a new improved gadget , I think of ole JOE ......