Mike Marlar Wins $25,000 in Vado’s Wild West Shootout Finale
New Team Website Launched at MikeMarlar.com

WINFIELD, Tenn. (01/19/22) – The past week saw Mike Marlar hit the ground running in 2022 with back-to-back wins to round out the 16th annual Wild West Shootout at FK Rod Ends Vado Speedway Park in his Delk Equipment Sales / Tri-Rivers Enterprises No. 157 Can-Am Auto Salvage / Longhorn Chassis Super Late Model.

Marlar won Saturday night’s $5,000-to-win feature before taking advantage of a late-race caution to go to Victory Lane on Sunday night. He claimed $25,000 for the Rio Grande Waste Services 50 presented by Shaw Trucking finale victory as well as a $3,000 prize for topping the miniseries points.

“Before that caution I didn't have anything for him," Marlar said of Jake Timms. "Man, that kid did a heck of a job. I thought I had a setup before the race, and when they wetted it (reworked the surface for the feature) I was like, ‘We gotta go change a bunch of stuff'. So, we changed a lot of stuff on the car and freed back up. Early I was a little too free, but as the night went on it got better and better. I’d love to say we had a plan there, but it just worked out.

"The racetrack’s (Vado Speedway Park) just awesome. It’s such a nice facility, and I’m glad that we come out here and got this kicked off. It’s the best track out west we’ve been to for sure. It’s been a good week. I’ve had a lot of fun. Win, lose or draw, the people treat us awesome out here and it’s a lot of fun. We’ve got a great team around us, and I’m excited about this season. A big thank you goes out to all of our great sponsors.”

The triumph was Marlar’s second-straight to end the Wild West Shootout — putting him alongside Brandon Sheppard of New Berlin, Ill., as a repeat winner — and earned him the miniseries points title. The championship added $3,000 to his hefty take. He also won the miniseries title in 2018.

Marlar bested the Dirt Track Bank Super Late Model competition on Saturday night to bag a $5,000 victory. He also added a third-place finish on January 8, a fourth-place finish on January 9, a runner-up performance on January 12, and a fifth-place finish on January 14.

Full results from the event are available at www.WildWestShootout.net.

Additionally, Mike Marlar is the latest edition to the MyRacePass team with a brand-new website launched at www.MikeMarlar.com. The new cyber home is the one-stop shop for everything regarding the Tennessee racer.

Marlar is currently finalizing his Speedweeks schedule, which likely begins at Georgia’s Golden Isles Speedway on January 27-29 with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) tripleheader.

For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Mike Marlar would like to thank his great marketing partners, which include Delk Equipment, Rockets Convenience Plus, Tri-Rivers Enterprises, Can-Am Auto Salvage, Auto Parts 4 Less, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Capital Signs, VP Racing Fuels, Longhorn Chassis, Stanley Best Heating & Air, Midwest Sheet Metal, Bilstein, Arizona Sport Shirts, GottaRace.com, DNA Tile & Remodeling, Bell Helmets, Hoosier Tire, K1 Race Gear, Strange Oval, Swift Springs, Winning Edge Carburetors, Allstar Performance, E-Z Lift by MLR Fabricating, XS Power, ATC Bolts & Fasteners, Wayne Bowen Racing Supply, PRO-FABrication Headers & Exhaust, Earnhardt Technologies Group, QA1 Driveshafts, PPM Racing Products, FK Rod Ends, Accu-Force Shock Dyno, Performance Bodies & Parts, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Rearends, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Mike Marlar Racing please visit the team website at www.MikeMarlar.com .