Thumbs up Chris Simpson to run for World Of Outlaws Late Model Series R.O.Y.

From the World LOf Outlaws Late Model Series Twitter page.

Chris Simpson to run for World Of Outlaws Late Model Series R.O.Y.

World of Outlaws Late Models
    @WoOLateModels
    Joining the Series Full-time in 2022 Oxford, IA driver
    @TeamSimpson32

The driver of the 32 is another candidate for Rookie of the Year this season!

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Shaping up to be one of the better rookie races in recent memory. (Blair, Simpson, English, Gundaker).

Lolololol. Gordy will drop off first. Followed by Simpson.

Gives new meaning to the term "Rookie" I guess. I couldn't find what stipulations have to be meet to consider yourself a rookie, but in glancing at his website, he's had (8) 5K wins, (6) 10K wins, and even one 15K.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Gives new meaning to the term "Rookie" I guess. I couldn't find what stipulations have to be meet to consider yourself a rookie, but in glancing at his website, he's had (8) 5K wins, (6) 10K wins, and even one 15K.
    Never ran a national tour, never won a crown jewel, doesn't seem to be a big deal

Hell yeah! Go get ‘em bud!!!!

DLMFAN321, and i spose your a big deal, just another loud mouth

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    DLMFAN321, and i spose your a big deal, just another loud mouth
    What? I spose your a dumb@ss

Wish him well, always enjoyed watching him race. Causes me to wonder how many of the rookies declare early on without intention of continuing unless they have initial success. Thought that about Gustin last year so who knows?
    I hate time trials.

When Davenport ran for Bowyer. They let him run for RoY with Lucas. Imo, Simpson is the ideal candidate for a RoY that a tour wants. Plenty of regional experience, runs with the tour when they are close in the past. Simpson has never even been to Volusia or any where east of Eldora.

I’d rather see a guy like Simpson give it a shot than some others that have “declared” to run a tour.

Does anyone know what the actual benefit is in declaring to run for ROY? I've not looked, but is it provisionals along the way, or what? I can't see it paying enough at the end of the year to justify all the resources needed to run a tour as such for an entire season.

I guess it looks good on a resume, but in staying with my original feelings, does a guy like Simpson need that?

Does anyone know what the actual benefit is in declaring to run for ROY? I've not looked, but is it provisionals along the way, or what? I can't see it paying enough at the end of the year to justify all the resources needed to run a tour as such for an entire season.

I guess it looks good on a resume, but in staying with my original feelings, does a guy like Simpson need that?
    While I am not 100% on all of this, I imagine that it would lead to provisionals, product sponsorships, free pit passes, extra race payout, etc. while you maintain full-time status.