Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JD

LM1 gets it. Smarter with the dollar. No I didn't pay attention to Hughes at all. Didn't Jackson say he was following a tour last year ? That didn't last long, JD has said he is not following a tour. Owens it has been rumored may not follow the series this year. I think that depends on how things work out coming out of florida. Same with Shirley, I said it repeatedly last year that a lot of eyes were watching what big sexy did last year. He rolled into the big money shows fresh and his cars prepared. Lucas is not getting what 6 new teams to run for roy. Why ? Is the woo at the end of the year that much more profitable ?

Outlaws have handed out provisionals like candy on halloween in the past years. After last night, it sounds like that has changed. Thats the only reason WoO has gotten more rookies every year. I would bet a couple of those guys that claimed to run the whole series for RoY, will be unheard again of after this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Outlaws have handed out provisionals like candy on halloween in the past years. After last night, it sounds like that has changed. Thats the only reason WoO has gotten more rookies every year. I would bet a couple of those guys that claimed to run the whole series for RoY, will be unheard again of after this weekend.

I am curious to what happened with Gary Dillion. He lives 15 to 20 minutes from me and has been racing in my area for years. He was there for practice but didnt see him listed last night.

With the way the world is right now, I don't know why someone wouldn't pick and choose. Overton and Moran had great years last year, Bobby Pierce toured ONCE. Must be better for the wallet and your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    With the way the world is right now, I don't know why someone wouldn't pick and choose. Overton and Moran had great years last year, Bobby Pierce toured ONCE. Must be better for the wallet and your sanity.
    The young 'in Pierce lad ran like a house on fire on that Hell Tour ! ! A thrill to watch he with his old school don't take any prisoners driving style ! !

For a driver and team that’s a threat to win anywhere at any time, I can’t blame them for running on their terms. A lot of $ and opportunities available outside WoO and LOLMDS. XR, Ultimate , other series , travel distances make since to run when and where you want.

Money an more money 💰

I think the only way the big tours are going to pull in more regulars is to have a Charter system like NASCAR, and I really don't want to see that happen.
    Outside of something like that, the drivers have figured out they can judge travel distance, track affinity, car counts, payouts and other factors for themselves and do better than the tours can offer with tow money, provisionals and point funds.

Guys like Bloomer and Moyer made money on their terms most of their career. This isn't a new concept, nor is it a real concern.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Be willing to bet Davenport will hit most if not all of the XR Super Series races. Heck when your car & team is that good why not.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I think the only way the big tours are going to pull in more regulars is to have a Charter system like NASCAR, and I really don't want to see that happen.
    Outside of something like that, the drivers have figured out they can judge travel distance, track affinity, car counts, payouts and other factors for themselves and do better than the tours can offer with tow money, provisionals and point funds.
    How does a pay to play system invite more participation?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It's already pay to win.

How is choosing to race a series not your terms? No one is forcing anyone to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GA-DIRT View Post
    Money an more money 
    Time for you to pull those coveralls on and become a car owner again, aint it?

btw.....will you be at Eastbay?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    How is choosing to race a series not your terms? No one is forcing anyone to do it.
    Once you join, it's out of your hands. You are stuck with added dates, anything else they do.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Once you join, it's out of your hands. You are stuck with added dates, anything else they do.
    You can drop off the tour any time you want. Thats your terms.

Quote Originally Posted by knot View Post
    Is Jimmy Owens not running Lucas this year?
    Not running a tour this year...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    You can drop off the tour any time you want. Thats your terms.
    And your opportunity to make your whole schedule on your own is now gone. That's partially your terms. Joining the tour is like a marriage, it's temporary, but it has some lasting impact.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    How does a pay to play system invite more participation?
    I worded that poorly. I wasn't really talking about that aspect of the Charters where you have to buy in, but more just the significant perks and bonuses for being a full time team.
    More guarantees, more money, other benefits.
    I do think that if a series were to do that, there should be significant penalties for teams not holding up their end of the bargain too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Time for you to pull those coveralls on and become a car owner again, aint it?

btw.....will you be at Eastbay?
    Talked to BB last week and his plans are to be there. He hasn't been down in 3/4 year.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!