Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

wow. Pennsboro32 and I are agreeing this week! It makes me feel good inside!

This whole thing was a joke. As a paying sub to Dirtvision I have the right to complain as much as if my steak is not the way I like it at St Elmo!

When I can see Blairs RR 4link bars because hes bouncing so bad something is wrong. Period, end of story. When you see more LM upside down in 2 nights than you do in a year, something is wrong.

Lets be honest, does ANYONE pay good money to watch 100 plus crate cars qualify? All you do is drive fans away. In the stands or streaming. You would think 50 years into this thing called dirt late model racing that people would understand that especially a company that is as big as WRG....

If you are going to add the WOO LM to the race they now have to be the star of the show. Get them out there first and get their program done or keep your program the same.

Flo Castrol Series really gets it at this point. Just copy what they do. 2 to 3 hour show MAX. In and out done.

#1. Every team out has driven to a show only to have it ran out. Hoosier, I'm sure you have too.

If they had as much rain as some say I don't care if was speedweeks or the last race of the year. I don't know how much equipment got tore up but it was significant. Guys wanna race, nobody forced them on track, but that deal should have been cancelled. Promotors that get into this business realize that also. The smart ones, pull the plug, I've driven to the pit gate only to find out no racing tonight and wondered why. The not so smart ones, took are pit gate money and the track was garbage. You figure it out, because I'm sure it will happen again. As a retired racer we weren't smart enough.

My thoughts.......The track is 80 miles from my house, so i consider it a local track!

1. rain.....we have had less than an inch in the last 48 hrs!Even Fink said the clay was holding too much moisture!
    2. new clay........why before your biggest money making events of the year!
    3. wheres the great packing equipment you used to use.......Lely's and Terragators! Not a small skidsteer with a
    bucket and a small roller packer!
    4. Wayyyyyyyy too many cars to qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    wow. Pennsboro32 and I are agreeing this week! It makes me feel good inside!

This whole thing was a joke. As a paying sub to Dirtvision I have the right to complain as much as if my steak is not the way I like it at St Elmo!

When I can see Blairs RR 4link bars because hes bouncing so bad something is wrong. Period, end of story. When you see more LM upside down in 2 nights than you do in a year, something is wrong.

Lets be honest, does ANYONE pay good money to watch 100 plus crate cars qualify? All you do is drive fans away. In the stands or streaming. You would think 50 years into this thing called dirt late model racing that people would understand that especially a company that is as big as WRG....

If you are going to add the WOO LM to the race they now have to be the star of the show. Get them out there first and get their program done or keep your program the same.

Flo Castrol Series really gets it at this point. Just copy what they do. 2 to 3 hour show MAX. In and out done.
    Exactly, especially the part of "Lets be honest, does ANYONE pay good money to watch 100 plus crate cars qualify",they should just draw and use passing points.

"I think it’ll be exciting at Bristol that day. It might be another gimmick. It might be what NASCAR needs to keep our base growing. But it won’t be anything like the dirt track we had at Raleigh. In that one, there were big holes in the track and it was rough and you had to drive around those holes. The dirt tracks today turn into asphalt tracks; once you race on ‘em a while they just turn into slick asphalt tracks. But cars will be going sideways in the corners, and that’s what people want to see." Richard Petty on modern Dirt Track racing.

There's a lot of race tracks in the u.s. that are bought to lose money most are in another business they want them to lose money for 5 years then they sell them that is why some are half way run probably not the case here but it goes on a lot more than you think.

If they are making these races up February 16, hope someone is serving breakfast!! These clowns never finish a regular race before midnight, so this will likely go to daylight February 16th!

FloRacing has multiple races on live
    I’m going a different direction and watching the Battle at the Barn 14

I’m glad they were using the droop rule, since it helps so much with preventing cars from rolling over

The droop rule needs implemented on their sheepsfoot.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I like your humor Drop Shock. I guess the rule makers don't even notice what the 6 car looks like on jackstands and then on the track. They have done nothing but make it harder on the guy who isn't as sophisticated.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The droop rule needs implemented on their sheepsfoot.
    I have an additional observation. I never saw Earl Baltes use a skid steer for track prep or repair.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    For thew select few on here that have decided to unload their thoughts the track or series.
    Don't try to be a promoter; you likely would suck at it.
    No one can predict the future and know that the track would have been this rough or known how many dang cars that would have shown up to race.
    You deal with what god gives you.
    The best promoters often think outside the box.
    For the one who stated just cancel; that's a good idea after all the teams, crews, fans, and series officials are already there after they spent the last few weeks getting ready and loading up the trailers and haulers and spent all that fuel money.
    The best a track can do is make the effort to get the shows in.
    Nothing in life is going to be perfect especially in motorsports with the outcome.
    They say you have to be nuts to want to be a track owner / promoter.
    If thats the case you can put me in that category because for the longest time that has been something that I have wanted to do myself, so I try to understand where that are coming from before I open my mouth.
    Before you ask if I've got money invested in a race team and have ever worked on a race car or a torn-up race car the answer is yes, and I have been for a long time with some of my close friends.
    Building a new 604 Crate LM.
    Took us 10 months to get a seat we ordered from Butlerbuilt last March (2021).
    If it wasn't for Chris Ferguson, we were going to cancel the order for that seat.

Just my thoughts.
    they still dont get what your saying , or dont want to , but i agree with your thoughts as well , and appreciate your up dates because I,m not there or have any streaming .....

Qualifying is dumb anyways. waste of time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I have an additional observation. I never saw Earl Baltes use a skid steer for track prep or repair.
    WRG musta forgot the lease payment on the good equipment they used to use!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    they still dont get what your saying , or dont want to , but i agree with your thoughts as well , and appreciate your up dates because I,m not there or have any streaming .....
    I agree.
    There are only maybe 3 or 4 people on here that actually get what I said.
    I think Tyler Carpenter said it best after winning the Gateway Dirt Nationals "Punch Those Buttons".
    Even the racers that driver 4 cylinder put in a tone of effort.
    And no I haven't read any of the replies to what I said in my initional comments on this thread.
    It's not worth my time.

FastFord - Your more than welcome with the streaming updates.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 01-23-2022 at 07:19 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    I agree.
    There are only maybe 3 or 4 people on here that actually get what I said.
    I think Tyler Carpenter said it best after winning the Gateway Dirt Nationals "Punch Those Buttons".
    Even the racers that driver 4 cylinder put in a tone of effort.
    And no I haven't read any of the replies to what I said in my initional comments on this thread.
    It's not worth my time.

FastFord - Your more than welcome with the streaming updates.
    Anyone who puts on a show, is allowed to make it a $hit show, we got it...

The best promoters know what they have (their track surface and the content of their program) and what to do with it. They don't just say "you never know, sure ain't my fault".
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-23-2022 at 07:45 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I will catch a few of the late WoO shows at Volusia this year... hope that track gets better.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Hoosier. So put your promotor shoes on and tell us. What would you have done differently if you had that same situation?

he can ask you and the rest of the bench promoters on here the same question ......