Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dont knock Volusia

Its a shame what has happened with the track. But they have had alot of rain over the last week. Also they have had 167 cars the past 2 days. Thats alot. Lets not trash a track that has a huge car count and went through alot of rain on Saturday and Sunday. Also at least they tried. We have seen races like these at Eldora, Bristol, Atomic, Brownstown, and other tracks.

More flips at Volusia than at the Chili Bowl last weekend. Shame that WoO actually thinks it's ok to race on a surface like that. Despicable!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ I'm sure that's what they wanted.
    8/13/16

They deserve to get trashed for all the brand new equipment that’s been junked. If it’s rained that much just cancel. What a pathetic start to racing season. Can’t believe more guys haven’t loaded up.

This time of year , it is good to see any kind of late model racing. It is really great to see so many different racers. When I went to Volusia several years ago the track was dusty , but I still enjoyed the racing.

It was treacherous last year. Junk this year. Woo scheduled this extra weekend. They own the track. Get it right. It's an embarrassment.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

No wonder JD and Overton aren’t done there

Money grab, nothing more, nothing less. For the field of slm that showed up they didn't need all the crate cars. It's obvious the crate guys will come. So moving forward give them dates for next year. Get the slm teams and fans in and out. What is the first thing everyone notices about race tracks. Do they run a efficient program ? It's the first thing a promotor should be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Money grab, nothing more, nothing less. For the field of slm that showed up they didn't need all the crate cars. It's obvious the crate guys will come. So moving forward give them dates for next year. Get the slm teams and fans in and out. What is the first thing everyone notices about race tracks. Do they run a efficient program ? It's the first thing a promotor should be concerned about.
    Yes yes and yes 👍

From the fan count I see from Dirtvision, they certainly need the back gate revenue from other racing divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    From the fan count I see from Dirtvision, they certainly need the back gate revenue from other racing divisions.
    This race doesn’t need front or back gate revenue. It’s all about streaming subscriptions.

They are getting trashed for making blatantly idiotic comments like hard racing is causing all the accidents...

They deserve all the bad pub they can get. It has been a circus from the start. I have never seen that many late models upside down in a year let alone 2 nights. I hope they woke up to empty pits. WRG and Sam Driggers should be embarrassed, but I’m sure they are still counting the cash.

Thumbs up

For thew select few on here that have decided to unload their thoughts the track or series.
    Don't try to be a promoter; you likely would suck at it.
    No one can predict the future and know that the track would have been this rough or known how many dang cars that would have shown up to race.
    You deal with what god gives you.
    The best promoters often think outside the box.
    For the one who stated just cancel; that's a good idea after all the teams, crews, fans, and series officials are already there after they spent the last few weeks getting ready and loading up the trailers and haulers and spent all that fuel money.
    The best a track can do is make the effort to get the shows in.
    Nothing in life is going to be perfect especially in motorsports with the outcome.
    They say you have to be nuts to want to be a track owner / promoter.
    If thats the case you can put me in that category because for the longest time that has been something that I have wanted to do myself, so I try to understand where that are coming from before I open my mouth.
    Before you ask if I've got money invested in a race team and have ever worked on a race car or a torn-up race car the answer is yes, and I have been for a long time with some of my close friends.
    Building a new 604 Crate LM.
    Took us 10 months to get a seat we ordered from Butlerbuilt last March (2021).
    If it wasn't for Chris Ferguson, we were going to cancel the order for that seat.

Just my thoughts.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

The WRG and all involved, especially track maintenance personnel don’t want to see the holes in the surface! They are doing the best that can be done to correct the situation while keeping idle time to a minimum.
    Hopefully the rain stays away, I’d like to see a full day of racing.

my only problem with this is people love to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) on small town tracks who may have a rough night even though they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. A track like volusia with its backing should not have track issues this bad. Doesn't make sense to me that people have no problem running the true grassroots tracks into the ground but must protect the "big guys" at all costs. That said, I try not to throw shade at any track because I know how hard it is and how much you have NO control over.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    For thew select few on here that have decided to unload their thoughts the track or series.
    Don't try to be a promoter; you likely would suck at it.
    No one can predict the future and know that the track would have been this rough or known how many dang cars that would have shown up to race.
    You deal with what god gives you.
    The best promoters often think outside the box.
    For the one who stated just cancel; that's a good idea after all the teams, crews, fans, and series officials are already there after they spent the last few weeks getting ready and loading up the trailers and haulers and spent all that fuel money.
    The best a track can do is make the effort to get the shows in.
    Nothing in life is going to be perfect especially in motorsports with the outcome.
    They say you have to be nuts to want to be a track owner / promoter.
    If thats the case you can put me in that category because for the longest time that has been something that I have wanted to do myself, so I try to understand where that are coming from before I open my mouth.
    Before you ask if I've got money invested in a race team and have ever worked on a race car or a torn-up race car the answer is yes, and I have been for a long time with some of my close friends.
    Building a new 604 Crate LM.
    Took us 10 months to get a seat we ordered from Butlerbuilt last March (2021).
    If it wasn't for Chris Ferguson, we were going to cancel the order for that seat.

Just my thoughts.
    They have done everything they can to turn people away. Watching qualifying of 100 crates. Sitting around watching track prep that makes zero improvements. Sent home after enduring hours of the nonsense and still not seeing a feature.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Once again. People can’t take criticism. It’s warranted here.

They deserve blame. When you know the track is bad, but still spend a hour or so hotlapping/qualifying the 602s and 604s.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They have done everything they can to turn people away. Watching qualifying of 100 crates. Sitting around watching track prep that makes zero improvements. Sent home after enduring hours of the nonsense and still not seeing a feature.
    People dont go to watch a 100+ crates qualify? Who knew? It made absolutely zero sense they done that. They just had a practice the night before, and if a driver couldn't be there for that, tough titty. How many other times in the upcoming spring are racers going to go to a race track for the first time with no practice time? More than likely a bunch. Most fans wouldn't have a problem them running the crate heats first, but running the crate features first was another dumb move IMO. If WRG wants this to be about crates, let the super guys stay home.