Dale McDowell Makes Triumphant Return to Racing
Races to Emotional $10,000 Victory in WoO Volusia Opener

MOORESBURG, Tenn. (01/24/22) – After being sidelined for four months, while tending to health needs, Dale McDowell made a triumphant return to the driver’s seat over the weekend.

The pilot of the Shane McDowell Racing/ E-Z-GO No. 17m Cometic Gaskets/ Klotz Synthetic Lubricants / Team Zero Race Cars/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model raced to the $10,000 victory in the opening round of the 2022 World of Outlaws Late Model Series campaign at Florida’s Volusia Speedway Park.

“I wanna be tough,” McDowell said, searching for the right words to describe the moment in Victory Lane. “I realize you need to be tough … but very emotional. I need to thank the good Lord above for letting me come back and do what I love because four months ago I didn’t know what was gonna happen.

“Hats off to my brother (and) everybody who took care of me while we were sick and stood by us,” said McDowell, whose fourth career Late Model win at Volusia was his first since a WoO score on Feb. 15, 2018. “(Girlfriend) Tiffany at home, the kids. Shane and Sara (Shane’s wife) came down and took care of me while I was sick. And all the race fans that reached out … that was very important for the healing process.”

Shane McDowell Racing and pilot Dale McDowell ventured to Volusia Speedway Park (Barberville, Fla.) on Thursday afternoon to get the 2022 season underway with the second annual Sunshine Nationals. With 47 Super Late Models entered for the World of Outlaws Late Model Series season opener, McDowell recorded the third-fastest time in his group before picking up a heat race win.

With rough track conditions postponing the feature to Friday afternoon, Dale dominated the 40-lapper from the pole to capture his first win of the season and a $10,000 payday. He finished ahead of Dennis Erb Jr., Kyle Larson, Chris Madden, and Hudson O'Neal to claim his 13th-career WoO triumph.

Action continued on Friday evening with the second round of the weekend. Dale hit the ground running by setting fast time in his group, and then winning his heat race to earn a spot in the feature redraw. McDowell was the recipient of the second-starting spot for the 40-lap feature. Unfortunately rain arrived before the feature could be contested, postponing the race until Saturday afternoon.

Luck would not be on the event’s side on Saturday as continued rain forced the program to be rescheduled to February 16.

Complete results from this event are available at www.WorldofOutlaws.com.

SMR continues their 2022 season on February 14-19 with a bevy of DIRTcar Late Model and World of Outlaws Late Model Series action at Volusia Speedway Park.

For more information regarding the events, please visit www.DIRTcarNationals.com .

Shane McDowell Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors and marketing partners including E-Z-GO, Cometic Gaskets, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Connected Strategy Advisors, Fox Racing Shox, Waddell Transfer Inc, ShearWorx, Shackelford Enterprizes, Spring Pro, Northeastern Fabrication, Team Zero Race Cars, Clements Race Engines-Chevrolet, FK Rod Ends, Go Lithium, Schoenfeld Headers, Keyser Manufacturing, MSD Ignition, All Star Performance, Performance Bodies, Five-Star Bodies, Hoosier Tire, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Racing Wheels, Butlerbuilt Seats, DMI Racing Products, Jones Racing Products, Safecraft Safety Equipment, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Dyers Top Rods, QuickCar, PEM Racing, Walker Filtrations, Mark IV ATV's, Winters Rearends, Strange Oval Products Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, DirtWraps, and MyRacePass.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Shane McDowell Racing please visit www.ShaneMcDowellRacing.com

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)