Default Track enterprises purchases champion racing association with key staffers remaining

TRACK ENTERPRISES PURCHASES CHAMPION RACING ASSOCIATION WITH KEY STAFFERS REMAINING

Plans Underway to Build a National Super Late Model Tour Featuring Top Racetracks and Series Across the Country

MACON, Ill. (January 25, 2022) – Officials from Track Enterprises and Champion Racing Association (CRA) announced a joint agreement today revealing Track Enterprises will purchase CRA.

The Salem, Ind.,-based sanctioning body operates four touring divisions including the ARCA/CRA Super Series Powered by JEGS, the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance, Van Hoy Oil CRA Street Stocks Powered by JEGS and the Vore's CRA Late Model Sportsman Powered by JEGS

Former co-owner and Series Director Glenn Luckett, Chief Technical Director Eddie Chew and Director of Operations/Chief Scorer Greg Wood will remain on staff.

“Track Enterprises has racetracks and promotional agreements across the Midwest and Southeast encompassing over 80 events a year,” said Sargent. “This purchase is a natural extension of the work we already do with CRA, so we’ll be able to achieve some economies of scale with purchasing, staffing, sponsorship sales and promotional efforts.

“Our goal is to bring more to the racers and the series' race tracks, which will in turn bring more excitement to the fans. We've got some big plans for 2023 and beyond. We've already started laying the groundwork for a national super late model tour. We view this as a collective win for the tracks, fans, and racers alike. Discussions have already been had with top tracks and series in the nation and there are more discussions to come. Many of our peers and competitors look at what we’re doing and draw comparisons to the American Speed Association (ASA) during its years of short track leadership. We already work with other great series with Tim Bryant and his Southern Super Series and Gregg McKarns and his ARCA Midwest Tour. Our goal is to bring these groups together for a full schedule of events, much like the days of The Stock Car Connection led by Rex Robbins with ASA, Bob Harmon with the NASCAR All-Pro Series and Tom Curley with ACT.”

Track Enterprises is a celebrated motorsports promotional organization, operating from its headquarters in Macon, Ill.

Track Enterprises promotes races featuring some of the nation’s most popular touring series including the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, ARCA Menards Series, USAC Racing, SRX, DIRTcar UMP, World Of Outlaws, POWRi Racing, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, ARCA Midwest Tour, CRA and the Southern Super Series.

Additionally, Track Enterprises manages racing promotions at Macon (Ill.) Speedway, Lincoln (Ill.) Speedway, and Nashville (Tenn.) Fairgrounds Speedway.

Track Enterprises also promotes events at the Springfield (Ill.) Mile, DuQuoin (Ill.) Mile, The Milwaukee Mile, Elko Speedway, Salem (Ind.) Speedway and Knoxville (Iowa) Raceway.

"Glenn and R. J. (Scott) have done a great job with CRA for the last 25 years,” continued Sargent. “I've known those guys for years and have always enjoyed working with them. We started conversations about taking CRA and Track Enterprises to the next level to create a real buzz for pavement late-model racing. I'm glad we were able to make this purchase happen and I’m grateful to continue leaning on their experience going forward.”

CRA has been a proving ground for some of the most celebrated stock-car racers from across the country. NASCAR Cup Series’ Champions Kyle Busch and Chase Elliott, Erik Jones, Ken Schrader, Kenny Wallace, Ryan Blaney and Ryan Newman are a just a small sample of some of the most recognizable names in American motorsports to have made laps under the CRA banner.

With an excess of 50 races scheduled across all four series, the 2022 season will take the green flag January 28-29 at Crisp Motorsports Park in Cordele, Ga. While Scott and Luckett are transitioning from the ownership roles, both are confident in the future and direction of the series.

"This has been our baby for the last quarter century," offered Scott. "We've got a lot of blood sweat and tears in CRA. We are proud of what we built with the help of so many great officials, racers, fans, racetracks, promoters and sponsors. It has been hard work in a tough industry, and we are proud that we stood the test of time, but we also knew that if our company was going to take the next step, it was going to take help and leadership from an outside party. Bob Sargent and his team at Track Enterprises are exactly the right people to lead CRA into the future. Personally, I will be stepping away from the day-to-day operations, but will assist Bob with the transition and tackle some special projects for CRA and Track Enterprises."

For Luckett, not much will change.

"I'm not going anywhere," Luckett added. "I’ll still serve as series director and in all the same roles I have in the past. I enjoy what I do, and I want to continue to lead this series at the track and be a part of the new, exciting prospects. I've worked alongside Bob for years so I’m looking forward to helping him realize his vision for CRA and other projects."

“For the immediate future, the 2022 CRA season will look very similar to years past, as we get our footing with this new venture and continue to build our plans for 2023 and beyond,” Sargent said. “I hope the racers, fans and our partners are as excited about the future as we are."

About Track Enterprises …

Track Enterprises is a racing promotion company that oversees popular events that feature top touring series like the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, ARCA Menards Series, USAC Racing, SRX, DIRTcar UMP, World Of Outlaws, POWRi Racing, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, ARCA Midwest Tour. CRA, Southern Super Series, and more. The company also oversees all racing promotions at Macon Speedway, Lincoln Speedway, and Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway.

For more information on the upcoming racing schedule, visit www.trackenterprises.com, like the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises, or call the office at 217-764-3200.

“Our goal is to bring more to the racers and the series' race tracks, which will in turn bring more excitement to the fans. We've got some big plans for 2023 and beyond. We've already started laying the groundwork for a national super late model tour. We view this as a collective win for the tracks, fans, and racers alike. Discussions have already been had with top tracks and series in the nation and there are more discussions to come. Many of our peers and competitors look at what we’re doing and draw comparisons to the American Speed Association (ASA) during its years of short track leadership. We already work with other great series with Tim Bryant and his Southern Super Series and Gregg McKarns and his ARCA Midwest Tour. Our goal is to bring these groups together for a full schedule of events, much like the days of The Stock Car Connection led by Rex Robbins with ASA, Bob Harmon with the NASCAR All-Pro Series and Tom Curley with ACT.”

It will be interesting to see which tracks step up and be part of a National Super Late Model Tour schedules like this that Bob Sargent and Track Enterprises puts together in the coming years. After reading this and thinking about it the last moth or so I have a large list of tracks that would be interesting to see them apart of this kind of like the old ASA National tour.

With the news yesterday of Track Enterprises (Macon, IL) with Bob Sargent buying the Championship Racing Association (ARCA CRA) and Bob wanting to develop it into a National Tour like ASA was.
    What tracks would you like to see on the tour in the coming years?

Oxford Plains Speedway (Maine)
    South Boston Speedway (Virginia)
    Madison Int’l Speedway (Wiscinsin)
    Wisconsin Int’l Raceway (Wisconsin)
    Grundy County Speedway (Illinois)
    Hawkeye Downs Speedway (Iowa)
    Berlin Raceway (Michigan)
    Greenville-Pickins Speedway (South Carolina)
    Indianapolis Raceway Park (Indiana)
    Winchester Speedway (Indiana)
    Salem Speedway (Indiana Indiana)
    Toledo Speedway (Ohio)
    Las vegas Bullring (Nevada)
    Stafford Speedway (Connecticut)
    Nashville Fairground Speedway (Tennessee)
    Five Flags Speedway (Florida)
    Martinsville Speedway (Virginia)
    Colorado National Speedway (Colorado)
    Elko Speedway (Minnesota)
    Slinger Speedway (Wisconsin)
    Jennerstown Speedway (Pennsylvania)
    Anderson Speedway (Indiana)
    Southern National Speedway (North Carolina)
    New Smyrna Speedway (Florida)
    Milwaukee Mile (Wisconsin)
    Meridian Speedway (Idaho)
    Evergreen Speedway (Washington)
    Irwindale Speedway (California)
    Kern County (California)
    Rockford Speedway (Illinois)
    LaCrosse Speedway’s (Wisconsin)
    Plymouth Speedway (Indiana)
    North Wilksboro Speedway (North Carolina)
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1