Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winged Sprints and SLM payouts

What does the sprint car world think of the many high paying super late model races? Will some move over to late models? Or they don’t care?

Fixed it for you:

What does the Nascar Cup world think of the many high paying super dirt late model races? Will some move over to dirt late models? Or they don’t care?

That’s a great one👍 NASCAR ain’t paying much anymore.

Hey Flypaper....is there anything you DON'T feel qualified to comment on??? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Hey Flypaper....is there anything you DON'T feel qualified to comment on??? Asking for a friend.
    Show me the money. 😜😁

Rajflyboy:

don't know where you went for the last 5 months. nor do i care.

just wish you would go back.

put on the larson shirt you got online and set up a meeting with CIRF to discuss the chili bowl. or maybe go back to the bicycle forums you were banned from due to similar spam posts...

but just go away Ronald.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    Rajflyboy:don't know where you went for the last 5 months. nor do i care. just wish you would go back. put on the larson shirt you got online and set up a meeting with CIRF to discuss the chili bowl. or maybe go back to the bicycle forums you were banned from due to similar spam posts...but just go away Ronald.
    You like a Russian Dictator or something 😜

Rajflyboy:don't know where you went for the last 5 months. nor do i care. just wish you would go back. put on the larson shirt you got online and set up a meeting with CIRF to discuss the chili bowl. or maybe go back to the bicycle forums you were banned from due to similar spam posts...but just go away Ronald.
    Why so MEAN spirited ? ? ?

Why would they care? They have a bunch of high paying races as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Why would they care? They have a bunch of high paying races as well.
    I see. And less competition to fight for it.

Rajflyboy:

don't know where you went for the last 5 months. nor do i care.

just wish you would go back.

put on the larson shirt you got online and set up a meeting with CIRF to discuss the chili bowl. or maybe go back to the bicycle forums you were banned from due to similar spam posts...

but just go away Ronald.
    Hey! klemmy! Don't be giving this chowderhead any ideas or encouragement. He already follows me around like a scorned, low self esteem middle schooler.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Hey! klemmy! Don't be giving this chowderhead any ideas or encouragement. He already follows me around like a scorned, low self esteem middle schooler.
    Hell. Klemmy even knows SLM racing is better than tumble buggy racing

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Back in the day one of the old time racetracks paid a driver $ 100.00 " roll over money " in the event that they were unfortunate enough to land on their lid. One old boy named " Crazy Eddy " with a 55 Chevy pure stock would roll it over about every couple of weeks for pocket money ! The promoter really didn't mind it because fans really ate it up . He might have gone broke if he was letting the " Bumble Tuggys "run there ! ! ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 01-28-2022 at 01:53 PM.

Sprints even woo run for less than super lates. If you picked all big money your probably better in LMs. Now if you live say Columbus Ohio and owned both, you'd race for more money in LM every weekend just about in less than 6hr tow. Regular sprint show 3k to win, LM special every weekend minimum 5k
    Last edited by Jim11h; 02-01-2022 at 07:02 PM.

I see. And less competition to fight for it.
    Actually, just the opposite. There are a lot more sprint car drivers that are capable of winning the high dollar races.

Point well taken. Also this is another great post, Thank you.

It was that way but not so much anymore. Outlaws would go to track and locals could win but not so likely anymore. Heck even all stars only have couple that can get wins. Been long time since Mark keegan won against woo at Attica. PA has couple cars but they're equivalent to woo teams. They just stay local cause money good vs road. Big difference is sprints been basically same for 20yrs except shocks

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Back in the day one of the old time racetracks paid a driver $ 100.00 " roll over money " in the event that they were unfortunate enough to land on their lid. One old boy named " Crazy Eddy " with a 55 Chevy pure stock would roll it over about every couple of weeks for pocket money ! The promoter really didn't mind it because fans really ate it up . He might have gone broke if he was letting the " Bumble Tuggys "run there ! ! ! !
    Great story. Thanks for sharing it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Actually, just the opposite. There are a lot more sprint car drivers that are capable of winning the high dollar races.
    I think top talent is down in the sprint car world compared to 20 years ago. In my humble opinion. I grew up on sprint cars at Lernerville and loved it back then.

I think top talent is down in the sprint car world compared to 20 years ago. In my humble opinion. I grew up on sprint cars at Lernerville and loved it back then.
    You probably remember the days when Lou Blaney was kickin azz and takin names in his modified and his boys were doin the same in the sprints. Also Lynn Giesler, Davey " Juice " Johnson, and Chub Frank were tearing it up in the late models ?? While munching down on their famous fish sandwiches ? ?