Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4Barrel View Post
    Overton will have to sustain his winning ways for a couple of decades before he's in the same conversation as Bloomquist.
    Overton definitely appears to be a generational talent, but I totally agree with 4Barrel here.

I know reading comprehension isn't very good here but the argument isn't over all time accolades. It's a comparison of how dominant Overton is now to how dominate Scott could be throughout his career.

As everyday fan it is easy to say that since Oveeton is winning that he is the best driver around. And that is true but with the technology of today's cars it is about 50/50 driver talent and setup. 2 years ago everyone said that the Rocket cars was so dominant and that B Sheep was the next Bloomquest! Now that Longhorn has found something to make their cars faster everyone is on the Overton or Davenport train. Today's driver can't win without a great setup and crew. Drivers of the early 2000's had to feather the car more than today even on a slick track.
    So to try and compare one driver to another needs to take the car into the equation as well. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by MidTnDirtFan View Post
    As everyday fan it is easy to say that since Oveeton is winning that he is the best driver around. And that is true but with the technology of today's cars it is about 50/50 driver talent and setup. 2 years ago everyone said that the Rocket cars was so dominant and that B Sheep was the next Bloomquest! Now that Longhorn has found something to make their cars faster everyone is on the Overton or Davenport train. Today's driver can't win without a great setup and crew. Drivers of the early 2000's had to feather the car more than today even on a slick track.
    So to try and compare one driver to another needs to take the car into the equation as well. JMO
    You speak a lot of truth, but Overton is better than most. I saw that 13 years ago. He would beat most of the guys he's racing, if you put them in his other car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

How good is Cody?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    How good is Cody?
    Haven't watched him nearly as much. I'd call him capable, not superstar material.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Haven't watched him nearly as much. I'd call him capable, not superstar material.
    Appears like the Overtons do it the right way. They work their way up to the Super Late models. Go through the lower divisions and learn and move up gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I know reading comprehension isn't very good here but the argument isn't over all time accolades. It's a comparison of how dominant Overton is now to how dominate Scott could be throughout his career.
    You're comparing a short sample of Overtons dominance to an entire career of Scotts dominance. Overton is having a hot streak. Jimmy Owens had a hot streak. Jonathan Davenport had a hot streak. Several past and present drivers have had hot streaks. It's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Appears like the Overtons do it the right way. They work their way up to the Super Late models. Go through the lower divisions and learn and move up gradually.
    Brandon was driving a super when he was 13.

He's come a long ways from the days of the Budweiser car.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Brandon was driving a super when he was 13.
    I don't know how old he is now, but he was running crates and limited stuff back in the 2008 time frame.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't know how old he is now, but he was running crates and limited stuff back in the 2008 time frame.
    He was still running some crate events when I moved down here in 2013. Probably due to the lack of an abundance of super shows in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    He was still running some crate events when I moved down here in 2013. Probably due to the lack of an abundance of super shows in this area.
    I raced with Brandon (back in the mid to late 2000's) in Supers- great kid and family. They had the funds but he truly learned and stepped up over the years. He has earned everything he has and wish him nothing but the best, down to earth for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    He's come a long ways from the days of the Budweiser car.
    No doubt about that……we watched him a lot in that car around the Carolinas and it was kinda painful at times.
    Practice makes perfect I guess……I think what makes him as fast as he is has as much to do with his attitude and smarts. I wasn’t for a long time but like the song says…” I’m a believer”.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Barbeque,

They obviously had some things wrong with that program. I couldn't understand why they did so bad, as an uninvolved observer, but I knew he was way better than that.

The days that a guy could do something with a bad car, have probably been gone 30 years in this sport. And a car with a real technical edge can elevate an average guy as well.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thanks MB, always appreciate your insight…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Lol crazy. There WILL. Never be another Bloomer in the sport, just like there will never be another Ruth,Jordan,Brady,Ali in our lifetime. Let’s not forget Bloomer and his father built his empire. I mean sure the kid is a gem of a talent, one of the best right now, but let’s be honest here, my grandma could win a race or two with that team and that car/s. Put any hot shoe in that car and watch the wins pile up. For my money Pierce and Moran are the two best young talent in the sport. I’m actually waiting for Pierce to break away from his family team, and actually race for one of these monster teams, he will rewrite the record book. I often think what Pierce would do in the Rocket house car, IMO that’s a scary thought.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    I'd rather say that Brandon Overton is the first Brandon Overton.
    I agree 100%. He sure is in a league of his own.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Obamaracing#1 is correct. Overton is hot right now. Let us know when he designs his own fuel cell, designs his own chassis, etc. to help contribute to the performance of the car. Bloomquist sat in the back next to a clear fuel tank to watch how the fuel splashed around and thought about how he could use that to make his car better. That's not something many racers do.
    Last edited by 4Barrel; 02-02-2022 at 12:01 PM.

I don't have any doubt that in time, Overton will also do all that.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...