Default Spreadsheet Racing

Getting back on the track after a few (quite a few) years away. Don't have spring smasher, currently researching a DIY rig. Looks easy enough.

It seems like I should be able to at least get theoretical smash numbers out of a spreadsheet, but I've never actually operated a spring smasher before so there may be something I'm missing.

Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions / links to existing stuff ?

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    Getting back on the track after a few (quite a few) years away. Don't have spring smasher, currently researching a DIY rig. Looks easy enough.

It seems like I should be able to at least get theoretical smash numbers out of a spreadsheet, but I've never actually operated a spring smasher before so there may be something I'm missing.

Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions / links to existing stuff ?

Thanks !
    If a bumpstop isn't a part of the calculation, you can do pretty good with calculations.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If a bumpstop isn't a part of the calculation, you can do pretty good with calculations.
    thanks mastersbilt .. good to know that i'm at least on the right track with my thinking here. i will have a bump spring at one corner, but i'll worry about that another day. right now just want to be able to ballpark where i'm at.

Springrithm has a nice app that allows you to enter alot of info. I haven't tested it against a smasher. But I did download it. Cost 100 bucks I believe. Notice rhythm is spelled incorrectly as it will be in the app store.