Default Skewing the Spoiler on Left Side

I have seen the bodies all tweaked and skewed but I am now seeing a trend of some teams either shortening the LR quarter panel to pull the Spoiler forward on that side or just outright skewing the the left side of the spoiler forward. Is this in hope of aero downforce more to the left rear? I can see it havinh a drastic effect when the car is in awe getting in the corner and through the middle???

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    I have seen the bodies all tweaked and skewed but I am now seeing a trend of some teams either shortening the LR quarter panel to pull the Spoiler forward on that side or just outright skewing the the left side of the spoiler forward. Is this in hope of aero downforce more to the left rear? I can see it havinh a drastic effect when the car is in awe getting in the corner and through the middle???
    Pic? I am having trouble picturing what you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Shorting the left side of the car to pull the spoiler was done to make the spoiler a little more square to the air when the car is in Yaw and to help let air out of under the car from the LR quarter having to be pulled in at the back.

Problem now is that if you do that you make the 117" dimension worse on the new body skew rule so not a great option now.

This is funny as hell, who wrote the rules!!!!!

Just for added info here the rules are

Center of tire to end of quarter panel 49" (straight backwards parallel to ground)
    Center of tire on a upward angle to the deck/spoiler is 54"

Well if you have a 29.0 tire with no sag on tire and the deck is at the 39" and your at the 49" length, GET THIS THE DIAGONAL MEASUREMENT IS 54.75". Now if you have a shorter tire like LR or squat in the tire that makes that 54.75 even longer.

You CAN NOT MEET that 54" measurement.

If the rear of the deck is not square to the rr quarter, that 6-8-10 rule aint gonna "measure" up!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    If the rear of the deck is not square to the rr quarter, that 6-8-10 rule aint gonna "measure" up!
    That's the whole point of the rule to keep the decks square and limit how much you can skew the whole deck

My point was.......do the officials use a square before they measure?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    My point was.......do the officials use a square before they measure?
    They don't need a square that's what the measurements do. If you have a right angle triangle and the two short sides measure 6 and 8 the hypotenuse will be 10. Anything over or under and it's not a right angle (square) that's why the rule is 117" their allowing 3" of skew