Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TowerView AKA James Essex

We're into the second week of not being able to watch anything on Mavtv Plus. I've gotten several messages from TowerView who claims to be James Essex and he has said he can help and he receives priority at Mavtv Plus but NOTHING has been done. All I get is canned messages from a variety of people who do not reply to my emails. They refuse to give me a phone number and when all is said and done I am stuck not receiving the service we've paid for.

Have any of you gotten this message using Roku?

I click on the Mavtv icon on the Roku home page. The TV screen goes black for approximately 15 seconds and then the full page Mavtv Plus icon appears for about 5 seconds. When the logo goes away there is a message that reads:

ERROR
    Service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
    OK

The OK is in a click box. When I click on OK it reverts back to the Roku home page.

I don't believe it's the Roku because we have two of them and both do the same thing on different TV's.

James, if you read this I want you to know that I very much appreciate you reaching out to us personally. That said, we've yet to be able to watch a single race this year and I've sent you several PM's thoroughly detailing my situation and I've yet to get a reply from you. I realize you're busy in Florida and helping subscribers is probably not in your job description but please don't promise things and then not follow through. I've also sent a dozen or more emails to Mavtv Plus asking for help. All I get are canned replies saying to reset my password (which I've done 3 times) or that they have reset my account with a new password. NONE of this $hit has changed anything.

James, if you're wired in as tight as you say this should be a piece of cake. If you don't have time to mess with this I fully understand but I would only ask that you hand this off to someone who can, and is willing to get this diagnosed and rectified.

Can you get it through your phone? If so, do you have the ability to cast from your phone to your TV or device connected to your TV?

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Can you get it through your phone? If so, do you have the ability to cast from your phone to your TV or device connected to your TV?
    Really want to use the Roku like we do on every other subscription we have. I don't have the hook-up equipment needed to wire a phone to the TV. In addition, hooking the phone to the TV renders the phone inoperable for what we have it for, which is making and receiving phone calls.

1. Log in via the App2. Go to Settings, Reset Password3. Try Roku again with the new password

I thought you only watched Tumble buggies ? 😜I like using Roku as well

I got that message a few times at the Ocala night 2….just clicked out of roku and then back on and it never missed a beat after that.

The problem you guys seem to be having sounds an awful lot like banging on the starter with a crescent wrench to get the car started…..sux and really doesn’t make any sense for all these issues.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Re boot re boot. I think it's a small percentage of folks having issues. Is it possible some are lacking a good WI if connection ? I do agree with one thing, if they are not replying to requests for help that is bull.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Really want to use the Roku like we do on every other subscription we have. I don't have the hook-up equipment needed to wire a phone to the TV. In addition, hooking the phone to the TV renders the phone inoperable for what we have it for, which is making and receiving phone calls.
    On the newer TVs, you can cast a video from your phone to your TV via wifi and still be able to use the phone. Do an online search to see if you have the right phone and TV and how to do it.

Its already built into the Roku for air play. Click on Settings then Apple air play! Then use whatever your phone has to mirror the image. On an iphone just swipe down from the home screen. Click on the mirror image and click on Roku when it pops up. Very simple to do, takes maybe 15 seconds once you learn how.

It may not be the way it should be, but at least youll get to watch a race! It works very well, just like if you were watching through the app!

I wasn't planning on installing the App on any phones. But when the browser was down, I installed the app on an older mostly retired cell phone and was able to screen mirror. Not what I planned, but I at least have a backup.
    Last edited by IL LM Fan; 02-04-2022 at 04:56 PM.

I had a similar problem and I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.might not help you but did for me.

CIRF you have a Roku device correct. Does the Roku have an update needing to be installed? I hooked our extra Roku device we had up last night to my TV and installed the MavTv+ app and now have that as a backup. I'm not sure what they did to my account to get mine working through my PC but, it's working now. I'm waiting for when it requires a yearly subscription to watch. That's where I seem to have the problem on the PC

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    I had a similar problem and I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.might not help you but did for me.
    Definitely worth a try. Good suggestion.

Email Jesse Wright jwright@lucasoil.com

X2 jesse wright. Never had an issue since.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Re boot re boot. I think it's a small percentage of folks having issues. Is it possible some are lacking a good WI if connection ? I do agree with one thing, if they are not replying to requests for help that is bull.
    its not a small amount, you should see social media!

Well I betcha Jesse wright email just got full

We're into the second week of not being able to watch anything on Mavtv Plus. I've gotten several messages from TowerView who claims to be James Essex and he has said he can help and he receives priority at Mavtv Plus but NOTHING has been done. All I get is canned messages from a variety of people who do not reply to my emails. They refuse to give me a phone number and when all is said and done I am stuck not receiving the service we've paid for.Have any of you gotten this message using Roku? I click on the Mavtv icon on the Roku home page. The TV screen goes black for approximately 15 seconds and then the full page Mavtv Plus icon appears for about 5 seconds. When the logo goes away there is a message that reads: ERROR Service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. OKThe OK is in a click box. When I click on OK it reverts back to the Roku home page.I don't believe it's the Roku because we have two of them and both do the same thing on different TV's.James, if you read this I want you to know that I very much appreciate you reaching out to us personally. That said, we've yet to be able to watch a single race this year and I've sent you several PM's thoroughly detailing my situation and I've yet to get a reply from you. I realize you're busy in Florida and helping subscribers is probably not in your job description but please don't promise things and then not follow through. I've also sent a dozen or more emails to Mavtv Plus asking for help. All I get are canned replies saying to reset my password (which I've done 3 times) or that they have reset my account with a new password. NONE of this $hit has changed anything.James, if you're wired in as tight as you say this should be a piece of cake. If you don't have time to mess with this I fully understand but I would only ask that you hand this off to someone who can, and is willing to get this diagnosed and rectified.
    James is sick of your geriatric rhetoric like the rest of us.

If you have outdated equipment and/or live out in the middle of nowhere you’re probably going to have issues streaming. Smart tvs will get you the best results.

I ditched Mavtv last year because of all the BS. I'm much happier now......