Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    This statement coming from someone who repeatedly makes it humorously obvious they do not possess the intellectual capacity to comprehend the difference between racing and paint drying.
    That’s actually u (Mr Tumblebuggy). Lucas oil and WOO late model series both have it right. Great competitive racing with great announcing and good payouts for the winners.

So what does drying paint sound like?

Originally posted by flyopenboy

That’s actually u (Mr Tumblebuggy). Lucas oil and WOO late model series both have it right. Great competitive racing with great announcing and good payouts for the winners.
    You're the one who made the analogy, not me. I merely pointed out your obvious intellectual deficiencies.

Originally posted by dirtSLMracing

So what does drying paint sound like?
    I was wondering the same thing, dirtSLMracing.

I've done radio as a hobby for 22 years. I've been a DJ, do sports, and have even done a bit of track announcing a loooong time ago. Everyone has their own styles and if you haven't ever actually been on the mic it's a lot different than just armchair quarterbacking things.

Saying that, I did listen to some of the race last night and I know the SAS announcers style. I know it's not for everyone. At least he's excited and into what he does. He has great enthusiasm. If I had ONE piece of constructive criticism for him it would be this. I heard him mention his haters online a couple of times and it really seemed that after he mentioned that he turned it up about 10 more notches probably just to jab at them.

Never let your personal feelings get in the way of just doing the job. Don't worry about other people and just do the best you can. But I wouldn't "twist" that knife after it's already in. Just my opinion. I know doing sports the main thing is to get whatever I'm calling through to my listening audience. To make sure they are informed of what's going on and highlight the sport/players. Not trying to get myself over with other people.

I'm just spitballing. I would rather see someone with more enthusiasm than someone that is uninterested in what they are watching. I'd just not worry so much about the "haters" and just do what you do. And especially not turn it up several notches just to irritate them more. At the end of the day it's about the product.

Hey Flypaper, I'm pretty sure you don't go to any races considering the idiotic statements you make. You just throw stuff out there to see what sticks. You really don't make any sense. PLEASE STOP!!!
    Last edited by John Boy; 02-06-2022 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Hey Flypaper, I'm pretty sure you don't go to any races considering the idiotic statements you make. You just throw stuff out there to see what sticks. You really don't make any sense. PLEASE STOP!!!
    I go to a good amount near home. I don’t travel much though further away. I like an exciting race and an exciting announcer and yep I don’t go to a race to watch or hear paint dry. I want some excitement.

Well then Flypaper, what track do you frequent, and tell me what classes they run.

I’ll say this for him. He certainly gets excited. Even though he is a screamer he is very entertaining.

Default Screven announcer

Quote Originally Posted by DownNDirty View Post
    I've done radio as a hobby for 22 years. I've been a DJ, do sports, and have even done a bit of track announcing a loooong time ago. Everyone has their own styles and if you haven't ever actually been on the mic it's a lot different than just armchair quarterbacking things.

Saying that, I did listen to some of the race last night and I know the SAS announcers style. I know it's not for everyone. At least he's excited and into what he does. He has great enthusiasm. If I had ONE piece of constructive criticism for him it would be this. I heard him mention his haters online a couple of times and it really seemed that after he mentioned that he turned it up about 10 more notches probably just to jab at them.

Never let your personal feelings get in the way of just doing the job. Don't worry about other people and just do the best you can. But I wouldn't "twist" that knife after it's already in. Just my opinion. I know doing sports the main thing is to get whatever I'm calling through to my listening audience. To make sure they are informed of what's going on and highlight the sport/players. Not trying to get myself over with other people.

I'm just spitballing. I would rather see someone with more enthusiasm than someone that is uninterested in what they are watching. I'd just not worry so much about the "haters" and just do what you do. And especially not turn it up several notches just to irritate them more. At the end of the day it's about the product.
    Speaking of knives, when I turned the race on, I thought someone was getting stabbed or going into labor!

Quote Originally Posted by zer018 View Post
    Speaking of knives, when I turned the race on, I thought someone was getting stabbed or going into labor!
    Some of those announcers sound like they are having an Orgasm over a middle of the pack pass ...

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Well then Flypaper, what track do you frequent, and tell me what classes they run.
    That’s already been hashed out here.

Quote Originally Posted by DownNDirty View Post
    I've done radio as a hobby for 22 years. I've been a DJ, do sports, and have even done a bit of track announcing a loooong time ago. Everyone has their own styles and if you haven't ever actually been on the mic it's a lot different than just armchair quarterbacking things. Saying that, I did listen to some of the race last night and I know the SAS announcers style. I know it's not for everyone. At least he's excited and into what he does. He has great enthusiasm. If I had ONE piece of constructive criticism for him it would be this. I heard him mention his haters online a couple of times and it really seemed that after he mentioned that he turned it up about 10 more notches probably just to jab at them. Never let your personal feelings get in the way of just doing the job. Don't worry about other people and just do the best you can. But I wouldn't "twist" that knife after it's already in. Just my opinion. I know doing sports the main thing is to get whatever I'm calling through to my listening audience. To make sure they are informed of what's going on and highlight the sport/players. Not trying to get myself over with other people. I'm just spitballing. I would rather see someone with more enthusiasm than someone that is uninterested in what they are watching. I'd just not worry so much about the "haters" and just do what you do. And especially not turn it up several notches just to irritate them more. At the end of the day it's about the product.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences from someone who is in the business of announcing 👍

While im from the south and like all his southern anecdotes, his volume is wayyyyy over the top!

I watched a clip from the compact race on Youtube. At one point he said the lead pack was rolled up tighter than a joint. Thats funny!

I agree with most about why do all these guys have to scream. That does get old. But then again so does Bob and James talk about a great race for the lead that is separated by 6 car lengths. Or when they talk about a great battle for 3rd while the camera is on the leader that has a 4 second lead..

Its almost as bad as listening to a WOO race where even the driver that showed up for his first race that evening has a nickname already.

Quote Originally Posted by zer018 View Post
    That sounds like nascar when Dale Sr. was still running. Announcers kept yelling " Here comes Earnhardt , Here comes Earnhardt " even when he was back mid pack ! !

Well I didn’t say he was the best ever…I was implying we enjoyed the heck out of it. We never heard him before. We laughed our butts off at some of his analogies. Very different. Fun. We’re paying customers on Flo, so….Flo….this family give him an A + .for whatever that’s worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    He may know more than you?
    He knows more than folks give him credit for…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????