Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tracks for Speedweeks have been junk so far.

Terribly slick and one lane.

Quote Originally Posted by EDERDS View Post
    Terribly slick and one lane.
    I remember my first beer, too...

GIS was ok. Night 2 All tech was anything but 1 lane.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

East Bay was black in hot laps, pi$$ poor track prep. Usually the early week races are the best because of the moisture. Supposed to rain tomorrow, look for Wed and Thur to be the best racing.

Overton was going to win tonight, on the outside. That’s what I love most about his driving style. He gave the lead away by trying something no one else thought was possible, and then was going to win the race by seeing what no one else could see. I’ve seen him do this exact same thing on several different one lane tracks down here. He’s awesome. Not all tracks are as bad as they appear. Most of the racing has been pretty good so far, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    East Bay was black in hot laps, pi$$ poor track prep. Usually the early week races are the best because of the moisture. Supposed to rain tomorrow, look for Wed and Thur to be the best racing.

Wanna bet.. It just rained from Saturday night through Sunday morning. Look at the track the next day.

What was it ? 5 DNFs ? That don't seem much of nothing compared to what you might get in the North in their early season races where the cars are knocking the nose pieces off and breaking suspension parts off at the rate where half the fields cant even finish a 25 lapper. Normally frost break up is the determining factor there.

Feature tonight at eastbay was alright i thought. They worked on the track alot at intermission.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    Feature tonight at eastbay was alright i thought. They worked on the track alot at intermission.
    They did a lot of work, but didn't get much results for their efforts. They didn't get enough cut on the bottom to do much.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I was surprised to see the track the way it was early on. On to the next night, they'll get it figured out I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    Wanna bet.. It just rained from Saturday night through Sunday morning. Look at the track the next day.
    They ran the crate feature and Lucas practice on Sunday afternoon and evening. Anybody with half a brain could tell they did very little track prep for Monday night.

Nick Hoffman has a Twitter video from Volusia yesterday, really soft from the rain the ocean side has gotten.

I think they were counting on the high tide to help them out, and it didn't. The track has looked really good for the crate and mod races.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Nick Hoffman has a Twitter video from Volusia yesterday, really soft from the rain the ocean side has gotten.
    Volusia got hammered, Tampa got next to nothing. Volusia has also been a mess for a good month now. That video isn't encouraging.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-08-2022 at 06:36 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Seeing what no one else could see? I seen him push it to hard and stuffed it into the wall but then again, I wear contacts.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Seeing what no one else could see? I seen him push it to hard and stuffed it into the wall but then again, I wear contacts.
    There wasn't nothing else to see. His car couldn't stick the bottom, and he got beat. When the track gets like that, it's basically like racing in the rubber. Clanton said it was like powder outside of the bottom grove. The only reason Overton was able to hang with Erb and Oneal running out there, was because he could carry more momentum down the straights beacuse they wasn't as crumby.

Terry,

Overton gave the lead away by failing to do well, what the guys behind him were doing. That is, hold the bottom. No way he was going to win. The margin for error in that upper groove was zero. No one could steer the middle out there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Looks like they're going to get plenty of moisture today via Mother Nature

that track is packed so hard from what like 20 nights of racing already in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Terry,

Overton gave the lead away by failing to do well, what the guys behind him were doing. That is, hold the bottom. No way he was going to win. The margin for error in that upper groove was zero. No one could steer the middle out there.
    overton was half second faster than erb the lap before he fenced it, i wouldnt say no way he was going to win. take the blinders off