Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a couple different questions....where are all of the Tampa area guys going to race in the future ?

And is there any talk of new tracks being built down there ? Given the insane suburban sprawl of Florida I doubt it.

With the total downfall of Bubba himself and the fact that BRP only races a handful of times a year after speedweeks it could be a prime opportunity for Lucas to invest in a Florida track. That facility needs work, but its a good track is someone competent operated it. And even though weekly racing in Florida is on life support, if one good track existed they could do quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Where could the Lucas Oil Series go if Easy Bay does close in a fee years?

Well here is a list of dirt tracks in the state of Florida no including East Bay.
    Could they hold a big field of cars?

All-Tech Raceway - Lake City, FL
    Bubba Raceway Park - Ocala, FL
    Hendry County Motorsports Park - Clewiston, FL
    North Florida Speedway - Lake City, FL
    Northwest Florida Speedway - Baker, FL
    Putnam County Speedway - Satsuma, FL
    Southern Raceway - Milton, FL
    Volusia Speedway Park - Barberville, FL
    No way Hendry makes the cut because there is absolutely nothing around Clewiston. Nothing at ALL for over an hour in any direction, unless you count the giant open air sewer known as Lake Okeechobee. Half the appeal of Volusia and East Bay for me is there's stuff to do outside of the racetrack...mainly a warm beach in February. The only one close to the beaches on that list in Southern.

Maybe someone should put a bug in the ear of 4/17 in Punta Gorda to thrown some dirt on the pavement for a month lol.

I’m hearing Bradenton has a paved track that could possibly be converted to dirt

No it doesn't. The track near Bradenton is owned by a youtube star, its called the Freedon Factory now and they probably make more money on drifting and burnout events than a dirt race could make in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    No it doesn't. The track near Bradenton is owned by a youtube star, its called the Freedon Factory now and they probably make more money on drifting and burnout events than a dirt race could make in 20 years.
    Gotcha. I didn’t realize that was in Bradenton.

Cletus needs to cover it in dirt for speedweeks. https://www.facebook.com/DesotoSpeedwaysupport/