Default Integra IDA gas pressure / spring smasher

Integra IDA, do we think it matters much (if any at all what) the gas pressure on the shock is when it goes in a spring smasher? I need to smash some springs but I don't have the bottle to charge my shocks yet.

Great question that I've wonderd myself...at least in what others do. I think it matters to an extent as I've seen the gas pressure add 15-20 lbs. (if I recall correctly). I've smashed them with the shraders removed, but more often than not just leave the pressures as is.
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 02-08-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Great question that I've wonderd myself...at least in what others do. I think it matters to an extent as I've seen the gas pressure add 15-20 lbs. (if I recall correctly). I've smashed them with the shraders removed, but more often than not just leave the pressures as is.
    Running them in an auto machine, versus stopping at a length, will have a bigger impact than worrying about the rod pressure. If you can tell 25# difference at say 3", you are better than I.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

You likely only have an IDA on the RR, smash away and touch it up a turn... as needed, when you get your nitro.

I use air pressure for the testing and when you get a N20 bottle, flush it twice and call it good.