Thread: up dates

Default up dates

one of my favorite things about 4m was the up dates , what happened ??

dunno blackie.

Probably because for $6 a year you can get a My Race Pass subscription and follow along with live timing and scoring. Or the free service you can see the results as they are posted.

Racing updates on a thread is the equivalent to having a desk top computer in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    dunno blackie.
    and I dunno what you mean with the blackie thing , I am a proud white man , but I have been called worse .....BTW I give the mods my permission to post ALL my screen names , want take long because there is and never has been but one .....

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Racing updates on a thread is the equivalent to having a desk top computer in 2022.
    soooo , your point ?

I can do all that if i choose , I just enjoyed the days when hoosler or some one did updates on here and every one would make comments , good or bad , and it would go on for several pages , but like every thing else on here , those days are gone .......

Why make a thread? They just turn into a pissing and whining match anymore. Usually the same 3 or 4 people ruin it for those you like to talk racing!
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I enjoy the updates threads too. Even if I have the stream. https://twitter.com/jacqbrush does updates on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    I enjoy the updates threads too. Even if I have the stream. https://twitter.com/jacqbrush does updates on Twitter.
    She does a very good job.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    So I have a desk top, laptop, IPad, and an IPhone but I'm not cool if I use my desk top??? You sure love to judge people.

Racing updates on this page are next to useless IMO. The site used to be good for stuff like that, but not anymore. Its too easy to find info anywhere else anymore. You can literally start a twitter account and follow nothing but the Lucas and outlaw pages and get up to the minute info 95% of the time. Until the last couple years, that is what I done with my twitter account.

I used give updates if I was at the track, until it got to be a big pissing contest over who done what first. It also got to where it took away some of the enjoyment I got from being at the track too. I don't see how guys like Shiny do it and enjoy the races. That dude is a beast.

I can remember sitting in front of the computer in the early 00s and having to refresh the page countless times so I could get in to see who won whatever heat race, or who sat fast time for the east bay races. This place is good for gossip, and that's about it.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 02-10-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    So I have a desk top, laptop, IPad, and an IPhone but I'm not cool if I use my desk top??? You sure love to judge people.
    I'm not judging anyone Jim. Just stated it's a thing of the past, which it is.

Shineys updates are really cool……..and I have full access to all of the other stuff you guys mention.

Sure it’s a thing of the past…..just like my turntable and hundreds of old classic vinyl is, but I still like to hear it through my Bose 901’s every now and again.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

^^^^^ shineys are great. Idk how he post so quick and accurate. Always enjoy them

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Racing updates on this page are next to useless IMO. The site used to be good for stuff like that, but not anymore. Its too easy to find info anywhere else anymore. You can literally start a twitter account and follow nothing but the Lucas and outlaw pages and get up to the minute info 95% of the time. Until the last couple years, that is what I done with my twitter account. I used give updates if I was at the track, until it got to be a big pissing contest over who done what first. It also got to where it took away some of the enjoyment I got from being at the track too. I don't see how guys like Shiny do it and enjoy the races. That dude is a beast. I can remember sitting in front of the computer in the early 00s and having to refresh the page countless times so I could get in to see who won whatever heat race, or who sat fast time for the east bay races. This place is good for gossip, and that's about it.
    All so true, post of the month