Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Volusia is canceled

Rumor is they are having a meeting tomorrow to discuss this but all indications from people tonight is there will not be late models there. What a bummer

The track is in that bad of conditions ? Boy, WRG is really falling on the Johnson on this deal. You can't tell me that a day in the Florida sunshine and a track crew working the track cannot get it back.

Got the WoO in last night but barely got the mods started. If I was a late model driver I would not go there.

Not sure what the new clay is but we were there a couple of weeks ago and it holds the moisture like I have never seen! It was horrible then and evidently they did not figure out a fix for it; why you would do what they did to the surface just before your biggest month of the year is beyond me.

A HUGE chunk of dirt landed on Brad Sweets Car. https://twitter.com/MattWeaverRA/sta...65021664026627

What a mess they created for themselves……….what “ somebody “ thought new clay was a good idea right before the big show?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Can you imagine toting all the way to Volusia and getting dealt those cards. Race teams gotta be fuming.

Race it cry babies. Loosen it up, pack the tear-off on, and put the cheap shocks on and race! Everything been being built for lazy track prep, now keys to water truck found they're lost and worst part is fans on here crying. When racing dirt costs got primadona we lost true grassroots racing

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Race it cry babies. Loosen it up, pack the tear-off on, and put the cheap shocks on and race! Everything been being built for lazy track prep, now keys to water truck found they're lost and worst part is fans on here crying. When racing dirt costs got primadona we lost true grassroots racing
    There’s a point where it’s not worth getting someone really hurt Jim.

Yup they should have totally kept racing with this stuff flying up in the stands.........

https://twitter.com/EgbertPaul/statu...451845/photo/1

So we were working on our car last night (last time we ran was Volusia Disaster I a couple of weeks ago). Piece of the clay stuck in between a couple of bars, dried up and had to use a hammer & screwdriver to get it out. Looks like a piece of pottery; if they do get the track to dry I am afraid of what those flying chunks will do....

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Yup they should have totally kept racing with this stuff flying up in the stands.........

https://twitter.com/EgbertPaul/statu...451845/photo/1
    Or even worse. Like a car, or wheel and tire. Volusia needs that tagged to their name again.

That chunk that they dug out of Brad Sweets car was insane. That could literally kill someone. Anyone thinking they made a bad decision is just not thinking straight.
    8/13/16

I am surprised the sprint car portion wasn't a disaster and nobody got seriously hurt.

I don’t think the track even needed new clay.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Yes cause mud kills people on race tracks everytime. Wow y'all amaze me. Mud in stands then move? Seen kid take shot from sprint car many years ago, got black eye. Hell we got them playing sports and school yard fights. What a wuss poor me society we've become. Everyone tells me the cars today are safer but now pcs of mud kill them? Aren't window bars to break mud and stop objects? I'm just not thinking clearly I'm sure so was told previous post

There were 10 pound chunks of mud landing in the grandstands. More of a problem for a spectator not a racer

Yes cause mud kills people on race tracks everytime. Wow y'all amaze me. Mud in stands then move? Seen kid take shot from sprint car many years ago, got black eye. Hell we got them playing sports and school yard fights. What a wuss poor me society we've become. Everyone tells me the cars today are safer but now pcs of mud kill them? Aren't window bars to break mud and stop objects? I'm just not thinking clearly I'm sure so was told previous post
    If we were all as tough as you old timers claim you use to be. Common sense wasn’t used much back then though…

Wow, there's some real idiot's out there.
    8/13/16

Well you can't have mud clots like that flying in the stands the liability on that I sure is tremendous let somebody get hurt an that insurance just went up.