Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright alright

Default Alright alright

CIRF. That was a pretty good sprint car race at Volusia. Yes sir.

I wouldn't know. I was at Bubba Raceway Park watching race cars without rolling billboards to keep them pinned to the dirt. BRP is where we'll be again tonight, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    CIRF. That was a pretty good sprint car race at Volusia. Yes sir.
    Indeed that was a pretty good race

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I wouldn't know. I was at Bubba Raceway Park watching race cars without rolling billboards to keep them pinned to the dirt. BRP is where we'll be again tonight, too.
    Who's racing at BRP?

Another good one last night. Gotta love the winged sprint cars.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Who's racing at BRP?
    USAC National Midgets, Kid. It's on Flo both nights, Feb. 11th & 12th. Tonight is the last night for the midgets.

The USAC National Sprint Cars come to BRP for 3 nights on Feb. 17th, 18th & 19th.

Justin Grant had the field covered last night but from 2nd on back the racing was as good as it gets. Beautiful weather, too. It was 62 degrees when the A-main finished. gonna' be 80 today!!

CIRF, As one who prefers the non-winged Sprints and Midgets it sounds like Bubba was the right choice for you. Volusia is hardly having their finest week with the WoO Sprints both tossing and collecting 20 or 30 pound chunks of the track into the stands and nearly injuring several drivers.

It doesn't look like BRP makes it a necessity to sit 50 rows up with a gladiator's shield to protect yourself. Sounds like good weather and good racing. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    CIRF, As one who prefers the non-winged Sprints and Midgets it sounds like Bubba was the right choice for you. Volusia is hardly having their finest week with the WoO Sprints both tossing and collecting 20 or 30 pound chunks of the track into the stands and nearly injuring several drivers.

It doesn't look like BRP makes it a necessity to sit 50 rows up with a gladiator's shield to protect yourself. Sounds like good weather and good racing. Enjoy.
    over, the track at Bubba was just about perfect all night. It showed signs of rubbering up towards the end of the midget A main last night but not to the degree that it became a train race. A couple of the heat races bordered on epic!! We're hoping tonight is at least as good, hopefully better. Just 1 support class and we were on our way back to the hotel at 9 PM!!

We're headed to Volusia for the WoO"s wingless 410's on Monday & Tuesday (Feb. 14 & 15). Really hope they can get the track figured out. The wingless sprint cars are a dangerous machine for the driver and equipment and track conditions can wreak havoc that no one wants to see. We'll give Volusia a try later in the week to see the late models, as well. Like I said, hope they've figured out the track prep problems by Monday!

In my view the race at Volusia was much more action packed than the Midgets, better competition. more passing thru out the field, bigger crowd and a dang intense finish. Watched both as I was a remote control nut.

LMM

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    In my view the race at Volusia was much more action packed than the Midgets, better competition. more passing thru out the field, bigger crowd and a dang intense finish. Watched both as I was a remote control nut.

LMM
    First off, I'm curious as to how the crowd size effects the action on the track? I'm going to need some logical clarification on that.

I was at BRP and the crowd was better last night than we usually have seen it. Crowd was pretty dam good. You would also agree, won't you Mark, that what you see on broadcasts are what the cameras show you, correct? I'm not sure anyone can give assurances as to field wide quality of action by watching on the internet. I wasn't at Volusia so I can't speak with any certainty, but I am certain that the midget show was pretty good at BRP. Not Chili Bowl epic, but very few measure up to that bar.

We'll be at BRP again tonight expecting the same high quality and efficient show as we saw last night without the rolling billboards to keep the cars pinned to the track!!

In my view the race at Volusia was much more action packed than the Midgets, better competition. more passing thru out the field, bigger crowd and a dang intense finish. Watched both as I was a remote control nut.LMM
    I’m with Late Model Mark in this 👍

Just the overall deal Ray. Also had some bros who were at Volusia that sent me some other videos. As you know I am a non wing dude when it comes to sprints (can u say Ascot Park) and midgets.

A lot of components make a race night, many. A big crowd is one of them. Have fun in Ocala.

LMM

Just the overall deal Ray. Also had some bros who were at Volusia that sent me some other videos. As you know I am a non wing dude when it comes to sprints (can u say Ascot Park) and midgets.

A lot of components make a race night, many. A big crowd is one of them. Have fun in Ocala.

LMM
    I'm still puzzled as to how crowd size has any bearing on quality of racing. I've been to events that didn't have 200 people in the stands but the racing action was superb. One example is the Springfield Mile USAC Silver Crown (expand your horizon's Mark, there's a lot more to dirt racing than dirt late models) event. The past half dozen races at The Mile have been beyond superb. The racing is good as we see all year but the crowd continues to be light considering the overall quality of racing. We enjoy the racing every bit as much at a The Mile as we do at The Chili Bowl which sells out all 15,000 seats all 6 nights. Name another dirt event that can boast those numbers. Again, expand your horizon's Mark. Get to Tulsa in January and see the best racing in the world!! If you place so much importance on crowd size I am puzzled but you're entitled, nonetheless.

Just curious. If an event draws a huge crowd but the racing is nap worthy then the crowd makes up for the stinky action on the track? Is that how it works, Mark?

I feel much the same regarding what a race pays to win and car count. Me and our group don't give a rats ass as long as the entertainment quality is high.

I'll say it again. I was in the stands Friday night at BRP and there was a dam good crowd in attendance. Not sure where your getting your information but if you're knocking the crowd your off base. The place was not sold out but it was substantial. My source of reference you ask? Me, I was there!

On to Volusia Monday & Tuesday and back to BRP Thursday, Friday & Saturday!!!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-13-2022 at 08:54 AM.

USAC National Midgets, Kid. It's on Flo both nights, Feb. 11th & 12th. Tonight is the last night for the midgets.

The USAC National Sprint Cars come to BRP for 3 nights on Feb. 17th, 18th & 19th.

Justin Grant had the field covered last night but from 2nd on back the racing was as good as it gets. Beautiful weather, too. It was 62 degrees when the A-main finished. gonna' be 80 today!!
    I just watched some highlights and seen Grant won back to back. I might try and watch the replays if I have time this week.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I just watched some highlights and seen Grant won back to back. I might try and watch the replays if I have time this week.
    Kid, the Saturday night show wasn't nearly as good as Friday night. We kept getting these little brief showers Saturday night and the track stayed hammer down all night! We were hoping the young lady that started on the front row would win it but Grant and Kofoid got around her in traffic.

Real simple with low crowd size at Florida Speedweeks. Everyone is watching Late Models and Winged cars

Can't speak for any other track in Florida but there was a very good crowd at Bubba Raceway Park Friday night. I know that to be true due to the fact that I was actually in the stands. What racetrack in Florida were you at Friday night, flyopenboy? Volusia? East Bay? Anywhere?

Kid, the Saturday night show wasn't nearly as good as Friday night. We kept getting these little brief showers Saturday night and the track stayed hammer down all night! We were hoping the young lady that started on the front row would win it but Grant and Kofoid got around her in traffic.
    I seen Grants post race interview and he said she just wasn't aggressive as she needed to be in traffic and he also said he's been there before and that's how he has lost some races in the past. He did give her a lot of credit though

Can't speak for any other track in Florida but there was a very good crowd at Bubba Raceway Park Friday night. I know that to be true due to the fact that I was actually in the stands. What racetrack in Florida were you at Friday night, flyopenboy? Volusia? East Bay? Anywhere?
    West Coast FL with 70 Supers. Thank you very much. Stands were at or near capacity every night. Great time. You need to go to the Clay by the Bay next year for Lucas Oil Late Models.

Hey flyopenboy, you do know looking at timing & scoring on your phone or watching on the internet doesn't count as actually being there.

I dare say I've watched the late models at EB more times than you have. I'd bet on that!

70 supers (is that super modified's, or what?) you say? There are more than 70 midgets (85 or more) on all 5 prelim nights in Tulsa. LOL at you!