Default IMCA.TV PPV Actually Rewards Drivers!

I saw that IMCA.TV rewards drivers for PPV sales at the annual banquet. By drivers generating sales for PPV, they receive a portion of the sales. I don't believe any other streaming services are paying any of the drivers, would be nice to see more tracks offering this.

Here's the link: https://www.imca.com/2022/02/16/imca...aQyIm_kyyDMiKU

What about paying the tracks? These streaming services come in with deals with a series, usually the track has no say in that except to cancel the event. The track usually gets nothing or pennies on the dollar while some fans sit at home instead of coming to the track. If the track does well, the track can pass along extra money to the drivers.

I'm all for drivers getting as much money as they can. They are the show. But tracks have a vested interest in this too and are getting robbed with these streaming deals.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    What about paying the tracks? These streaming services come in with deals with a series, usually the track has no say in that except to cancel the event. The track usually gets nothing or pennies on the dollar while some fans sit at home instead of coming to the track. If the track does well, the track can pass along extra money to the drivers.

I'm all for drivers getting as much money as they can. They are the show. But tracks have a vested interest in this too and are getting robbed with these streaming deals.
    Some tracks are starting to stream their weekly races themselves on PPV, such as Clarksville, Macon, Lincoln IL, Farmington MO, and Jim Moon's track, Big O Speedway in Ennis TX....just a few that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Some tracks are starting to stream their weekly races themselves on PPV, such as Clarksville, Macon, Lincoln IL, Farmington MO, and Jim Moon's track, Big O Speedway in Ennis TX....just a few that I know of.
    They should be more concerned with doing things to increase attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    They should be more concerned with doing things to increase attendance.
    Use the technology to increase profits if possible

If your home crowd stays home every week to watch on TV, is that more profitable for the track than having families come through the gates paying for tickets, souvenirs, concessions, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Some tracks are taking matters into their own hands by doing it themselves instead of someone coming in and making all the money off them.

I'd love to see tracks get more in tune with the technological aspect of things. One thing tracks can do is make sure there is good cell service, free Wi-fi,etc....
    I'd like to see tracks have bigger covered eating areas, with screens broadcasting the races on them. (IF the tracks are doing a stream that is). I think you'd sell more food, and give people an option to mill around longer, and spend more money, without missing any of the racing action. I know due to the elements it would be harder, but I'd like to see video screens/tvs up at various places around the facility.
    Smoky Mountain has a great little area to sit and eat, and would great to see that expanded, and have a big screen up in there to watch on.

Iím just the opposite. I like Cedar lake in Wisconsin. Cell phones hardly work so donít call me Iím busy watching good racing. Love the old but well kept up tracks vs the Knoxvilles and Lucas oil speedways.

As far as I am concerned, Green Dot suggests similar benefits for its clients. Anyways, green dot moneypak customer service number only could provide with the most precise info. I remember I used to be their client and I always got similar deals.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I'd love to see tracks get more in tune with the technological aspect of things. One thing tracks can do is make sure there is good cell service, free Wi-fi,etc....
    I'd like to see tracks have bigger covered eating areas, with screens broadcasting the races on them. (IF the tracks are doing a stream that is). I think you'd sell more food, and give people an option to mill around longer, and spend more money, without missing any of the racing action. I know due to the elements it would be harder, but I'd like to see video screens/tvs up at various places around the facility.
    Smoky Mountain has a great little area to sit and eat, and would great to see that expanded, and have a big screen up in there to watch on.
    The "Diamond of the Dirt Tracks" (Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO) has what you are describing. Free wifi, separated dining area, bar on site, etc.