Default McDowell wins VSP WoO Thursday; Moran 2nd

Another emotional win for Dale and another runner up for Moran. Good stuff.

And what about Overton? Cooked a motor with one lap to go last night, and then after starting on the pole tonight, cooked another motor after just one lap was completed.

Another story tonight, was Kyle Hammer. In only his 4th race as a full time late model driver, he qualified well, won his heat, and led the first 20 or so laps of the feature before falling back to third on a restart, and getting taken out by the same driver who it seems takes somebody out every night. But as Kyle said, he doesn’t get mad, he gets even.

I'm impressed. He had to beat 29 other cars again. That's a lot of back markers and provisional drivers to have to beat.

Seriously though, regardless of all of the provsionals, it was a tough field and I'm happy for Dale and Devin. Congrats to both of them.

I just read that McDowell won with a team O race car. That would make two wins this year with a Bloomquist chassis. Chris Madden the WOO point leader. Darrel Lanigan finished third in the feature. The old veterans are proving to be a force to reckon with in 2022.

Didn’t get to see the race - who took Hammer out?

GO Mac Daddy ! ! Typical Irishman ; Takes a licking and keeps right on ticking ! !

Hammer took himself out. He said Ricky pinched him into the inside wall, once he seen the video, his opinion should've changed. If you think Ricky is a dirty driver, you need your eyes checked. Ricky could've cleaned him out for the lead earlier in the race and didnt. So why would he take him out for 5th when he had a chance to do so for the lead a few laps before?

Old guys are still doing well

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Hammer took himself out. He said Ricky pinched him into the inside wall, once he seen the video, his opinion should've changed. If you think Ricky is a dirty driver, you need your eyes checked. Ricky could've cleaned him out for the lead earlier in the race and didnt. So why would he take him out for 5th when he had a chance to do so for the lead a few laps before?
    That was UNFAIR that Ricky got the blame... It kind of reminds me of how that poor young Bobby Pierce lad how he gets a lot of blame for things that the jealous fans only imagine that he did ,,

The most interesting part to me was Madden's interview post race.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    The most interesting part to me was Madden's interview post race.
    Madden has a low bar for "ran over me."
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Terry M- Seriously? RTJ takes everyone out? LOL No, Bobby does. Who was that, Whitener drifted up turn two on a restart and 'ran over' Madden? That what he was bitching about? That's pretty much "Pot, meet kettle" you ask me.

Madden may be the biggest cry baby in the sport. The most unlikeable driver IMO.

I'm glad some of the newer drivers are doing well such as Kyle Hammer " Down " ... Reminds me on up of the highly talented Jr. Bobby Pierce being the youngest ever to win the World 100 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    Dennis Erb is still quick and has the agility of a gazelle ! ! !
    I'm a Erb fan but this cracked me up.
    8/13/16