Default The end of FL Speedweeks

Tonight marks the end of another great speedweeks. Be safe on your travels home. Get some rest and get ready for your season at your local tracks. Drive safe, fly safe 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Tonight marks the end of another great speedweeks. Be safe on your travels home. Get some rest and get ready for your season at your local tracks. Drive safe, fly safe 
    Thank you; We will certainly take that under consideration ! !

I made my 22nd consecutive year to East Bay for the SLM's and looking forward to making it 23. Camped eight nights across from track in the corner with old friends and made a few new ones. We drove out to Plant City (Parksdale Farm)
    twice for the best strawberry shortcake ever, also made the trip to the steam plant for the manatees, the most I had ever seen, and by the way, I thought the racing was great.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    I made my 22nd consecutive year to East Bay for the SLM's and looking forward to making it 23. Camped eight nights across from track in the corner with old friends and made a few new ones. We drove out to Plant City (Parksdale Farm) twice for the best strawberry shortcake ever, also made the trip to the steam plant for the manatees, the most I had ever seen, and by the way, I thought the racing was great.
    We saw the manatees as well. I will have to go to plant city next year. We did not go there. East bay was so much fun and the strawberry shortcake was excellent.

Still one night left. While in Fla. we've seen 2 national midget shows, 3 dirt late model shows and 3 national wingless sprint car shows (counting tonight). 3 of those 8 nights of racing were hampered by rain and a couple of those 8 really couldn't be classified as great shows but it's dirt racing in February while we're getting a blizzard or two and some sub zero weather at home. Walk the beach in the morning and dirt racing every night? Don't get much better than that!!

Hope everyone gets back to their work-a-day reality without incident and hope we all can do it all again in 2023!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    So, allow me to ask, if you will Mr Flyman dude... What willl be your next career coverage here on 4m ?? 
    I'm sure he will have plenty of excitement when the HE11 TOUR begins ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Still one night left. While in Fla. we've seen 2 national midget shows, 3 dirt late model shows and 3 national wingless sprint car shows (counting tonight). 3 of those 8 nights of racing were hampered by rain and a couple of those 8 really couldn't be classified as great shows but it's dirt racing in February while we're getting a blizzard or two and some sub zero weather at home. Walk the beach in the morning and dirt racing every night? Don't get much better than that!!Hope everyone gets back to their work-a-day reality without incident and hope we all can do it all again in 2023!!!
    I agree. Great times. I also enjoy being able to go to beaches during the day and watch racing at night. Lots of stuff to do all around in Florida.

This is terrible tonight to close out the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I'm sure he will have plenty of excitement when the HE11 TOUR begins ! ! !
    Looks like Bloomquist is already on the hell tour in Daytona 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Looks like Bloomquist is already on the hell tour in Daytona 
    If not maybe on The Highway to Hell ? ?

So who is jumping off the 2 major tours now that Speedweeeks is over?

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    I think the 39 will stay with the Lucas tour

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Mark Richards has already given Madden a deal on his next chassis to not continue on WOO tour sealing another easy championship for the 1 car. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by CILDirt View Post
    Mark Richards has already given Madden a deal on his next chassis to not continue on WOO tour sealing another easy championship for the 1 car. Maybe.
    The same thing was said on here the last time Madden ran the WoO schedule. Sheppard was in trouble, blue 1 won’t beat madden, etc.

Madden always runs good at Volusia. Let’s come back to this comment in July.

Kid rocket and Briggs really set the slm crowd on notice didn't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Still one night left. While in Fla. we've seen 2 national midget shows, 3 dirt late model shows and 3 national wingless sprint car shows (counting tonight). 3 of those 8 nights of racing were hampered by rain and a couple of those 8 really couldn't be classified as great shows but it's dirt racing in February while we're getting a blizzard or two and some sub zero weather at home. Walk the beach in the morning and dirt racing every night? Don't get much better than that!!

Hope everyone gets back to their work-a-day reality without incident and hope we all can do it all again in 2023!!!
    hey cirf , IDK if you have ever been , but put tarpon springs on your list for next time , my grandparents lived near tampa and we went there regular , its a neat place to visit ......

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Kid rocket and Briggs really set the slm crowd on notice didn't they ?
    Things will pick up once it gets warmer and the beer flows a little more freely.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Things will pick up once it gets warmer and the beer flows a little more freely.
    Had they been boozers ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    hey cirf , IDK if you have ever been , but put tarpon springs on your list for next time , my grandparents lived near tampa and we went there regular , its a neat place to visit ......
    Thanks for the heads up, fastford. We have friends in that neck of the woods and we're scheduled to visit them before we head back home. We'll give Tarpon Springs a look see.