Thumbs up FloRacing's cost increase just a FYI..... Possible small increase for some.

Possible increase for some

NOTED it is a OHIO state tax increase or new tax. Looks like people in Ohio the increase went from $150 to $160

NO INCREASE ON FLORacing's part

I paid $150. Looks likes some other folks are paying different prices depending on the state you live in.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 02-19-2022 at 01:15 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Possible increase for some

NOTED it is a OHIO state tax increase or new tax. Looks like people in Ohio the increase went from $150 to $160

NO INCREASE ON FLORacing's part

I paid $150. Looks likes some other folks are paying different prices depending on the state you live in.
    It's a TAX. lol

The tax in Ohio is 5% on the streaming service. FloRacing increased their rates by $10 which for those of you that struggle with numbers is more than 5%. The net is crappy business practices by FloRacing by increasing rates under the umbrella of a tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Clump O Clay View Post
    The tax in Ohio is 5% on the streaming service. FloRacing increased their rates by $10 which for those of you that struggle with numbers is more than 5%. The net is crappy business practices by FloRacing by increasing rates under the umbrella of a tax.
    Years ago most online purchases weren't taxed at the state level. Many things I've ordered were tax free with free delivery but those days have changed. Most states passed laws regarding online sales and collect taxes on things delivered to one's state. My Flo just renewed and my bill is $150 so apparently the WV legislature didn't include certain things in their bill. You're correct about the 5% as the tax would be $7.50.

So they gain $2.50 a YEAR to cover the handling and processing of a tax that they only have to pay for a portion of their customers? I am sure that this injustice must be fought. No different than any other business charging to use a debit card or having a fee for less than a minimum purchase when using a card. It is the cost to a consumer for doing business where such a tax exists.

My Dirtvision went from $299 annually to $340 to include "applicable tax". Tax I'm sure that they never pay....but oh well, its still worth the money to me. Cost more than that by far to go to a 2 night race 5 hours away with fuel, food, tickets, 2 nights hotels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    So they gain $2.50 a YEAR to cover the handling and processing of a tax that they only have to pay for a portion of their customers? I am sure that this injustice must be fought. No different than any other business charging to use a debit card or having a fee for less than a minimum purchase when using a card. It is the cost to a consumer for doing business where such a tax exists.
    Close on the math and appreciate your defending the "good ole boys" at Dirt-on-Dirt". Enjoy your subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    My Dirtvision went from $299 annually to $340 to include "applicable tax". Tax I'm sure that they never pay....but oh well, its still worth the money to me. Cost more than that by far to go to a 2 night race 5 hours away with fuel, food, tickets, 2 nights hotels, etc.
    If they could just figure out a way to get that VP Racing fuel smell to emit from a smart TV.
    8/13/16

I was charged $159 on February 5th. My state tax is 6% which equals $9. Dirtvision charged me $317.99 which is $299.99+ 6% state tax.

There is no price increase, it is still $150/$299+ any applicable state tax.

My FL state tax is 7.5% and I got charged $340 for Dirtvision. I went to school in Arkansas granted, but that still isn't even close to right. So there must be some additional tax in there besides just state, unless they are charging from whatever state they are in plus my state lol

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If they could just figure out a way to get that VP Racing fuel smell to emit from a smart TV.
    Go out to the shop and pour you a splash in a mason jar and bring it in and sit it beside your TV….that will get the room smelling right.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Dirtvision, lol…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

That is the great thing about America, you are not required to pay more. You can cancel the service if you can't afford a $10 increase, which is small by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    My FL state tax is 7.5% and I got charged $340 for Dirtvision. I went to school in Arkansas granted, but that still isn't even close to right. So there must be some additional tax in there besides just state, unless they are charging from whatever state they are in plus my state lol
    Some localities charge a sales tax in addition to the state sales tax.