Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

The video I watched stands were empty.

If it's really true you can make more money off of streaming these races than selling actual race tickets, let's hope there was a bunch of people streaming the race.

At 40 a month, XR just isn't worth it for me right now.

For what Hodges posted on twitter that's insane to pay that kind of money before you even get on the track. Reminds me of these crate series racers, they pay big entry dollars at there shows also, I've heard 125 to 200.

I would venture to say the average DLM fan has NO access to this series. Most already subscribe to Flo or Dirtvision and are taking a wait and see attitude on XR. There is also very little publicity or stories on the series coming from the MAIN STREAM racing publications as well. Unless you follow the series on their Facebook page, which I know I don't, it is hard to find information. It will be interesting to see how this plays out going forward.

I agree with you BTE. No news except on their own website and social media pages. Thanks to Pops Garage you can watch the races on YouTube. The late model races were not very good. I basically fast forwarded through each video. This was/is a function of it being Bristol, I believe. Plus, the stands were basically empty.

As much as people complain about Lucas and WOO, people follow them and look forward to them. They pack the stands and most make it an event. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling about our beloved sport with this group splitting up the already limited number of cars.
    Last edited by drich24; 03-26-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I would venture to say the average DLM fan has NO access to this series. Most already subscribe to Flo or Dirtvision and are taking a wait and see attitude on XR. There is also very little publicity or stories on the series coming from the MAIN STREAM racing publications as well. Unless you follow the series on their Facebook page, which I know I don't, it is hard to find information. It will be interesting to see how this plays out going forward.
    This is spot on, and exactly what I mentioned before.

Hoosier race fan, I think it already did.

If you pay $25k to win $3k to start for 40 laps and have a consi race pay 10k to win $1k to start for 20 laps I think you would have a huge car count.

The streaming services are now in charge of dirt late model racing.

I watch the XR streams here and there. They do a lot of things wrong and some things right. It needs polished and an ego check. Otherwise, no one will take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    If you pay $25k to win $3k to start for 40 laps and have a consi race pay 10k to win $1k to start for 20 laps I think you would have a huge car count.
    They aren’t paying that. So yeah they aren’t getting the count.

Outlaws has a good showing this weekend against the XR series Bristol

This should show everyone how much money these series and companies are making off of streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    This should show everyone how much money these series and companies are making off of streaming.
    It remains to be seen how much XR is making off streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    It remains to be seen how much XR is making off streaming.
    Need more cameras , looks like one camera and one drone

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    Need more cameras , looks like one camera and one drone
    Very poorly run show, more talking than racing, I gave this XR a chance last year with Las Vegas and now this year at Bristol and am very disappointed. Heats started at 5pm and 3.5 hrs later and still going on and not even sure what time they did time trials. Unless they do something different this will be the last $40 they get from me. Also very tired of hearing the one annoucer calling the other his nickname Spanky, who in the he!! would want to be called Spanky.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Very poorly run show, more talking than racing, I gave this XR a chance last year with Las Vegas and now this year at Bristol and am very disappointed. Heats started at 5pm and 3.5 hrs later and still going on and not even sure what time they did time trials. Unless they do something different this will be the last $40 they get from me. Also very tired of hearing the one annoucer calling the other his nickname Spanky, who in the he!! would want to be called Spanky.
    That’s literally his nickname. Every race he’s been on the call, he’s been referred to as Spanky.

It’s not really for you decide if somebody else wants to be called by their nickname.

I know it's not my choice of him being called Spanky, but everything about this show has been a joke, even the announcing, again 4 hours since the start of the heat races still waiting for the feature. How many commercial breaks has it been and some of the commercials must be for people with low iq's.
    Last edited by TBSprintFan; 03-26-2022 at 08:09 PM.

“Big Hits” no tv coverage of any of them, lol

Thumbs up

gorj

“Big Hits” no tv coverage of any of them, lol

They said last year that they will not show any replays of wrecks in case there is an injury or worse.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

They’re in a league of their own on that one, especially after drivers are not injured.