Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Eldora Million - Thoughts?

Eldora Million - Thoughts?

1st time running an event like this the track capped the max number of entries at 275.
    If I’m not mistaking, they had about 260 or so cars show up.
    They won’t get anywhere near that number this time around.
    The times in this county are different and so is the high cost of running a car.
    The thought of them getting a full 120 car field I think is there, but I think it would have been more reasonable if the the race was a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday show for the Million.
    Last time they had the Million they replaced the Dream with this event.
    I think that was so what they should have done this time around as well but who am I to tell a track what to do.
    The fee this year I believe for a 4-day pit pass is $220.00
    Reserved campsite is $79.00
    I believe getting a full 120 car field depends on the drivers and teams and how much they are intrigued by the event and just making the show would me a lot to a team busting their butts to just have a chance.
    Yes, a big-time team will likely win but how cool would it be to see a small team knock of the so-called big names of our sport.
    I’m curious to see what the entry fee is for this year's race.
    There are a lot of new faces now that weren’t racing late models back then and I’m sure some of them would love to have a shot at the money and the chance of just making the show.
    Many of them have heard how cool it was just to be there and be a part of the show and to have the chance to win a Million dollars for just one race.

Like the old saying anything can happen. How cool would it be if a so-called small team was in their game all weekend and took home the big money in early June.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 02-28-2022 at 04:30 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Lets hope that the price of racing gas and that the supply of tires won't have an effect on who will be able to attend the stellar event.

Tony got beat in Arizona over the weekend. 😜Drag racers are going to continue to put the wood to his behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Tony got beat in Arizona over the weekend. Drag racers are going to continue to put the wood to his behind.
    What's this got to do with the Million? Just asking

Oddly enough one person did message me with his thoughts on the Million because of not wanting to say anything and the usual suspects show up a destroy a post.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Lets hope that the price of racing gas and that the supply of tires won't have an effect on who will be able to attend the stellar event.
    Fuel prices are going effect anything that has to do with people using it. The fans will be there regardless. Race fuel is approaching $20 right now. I can't see many true "low budget" teams wanting to sling that kind of jack around to basically just piss it away.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    What's this got to do with the Million? Just askingOddly enough one person did message me with his thoughts on the Million because of not wanting to say anything and the usual suspects show up a destroy a post.
    Eldora is great. It will be a sell out and the racing will be awesome. Tony Stewart just isn’t my favorite fat pudgy kid. 😜

Tony got beat in Arizona over the weekend. Drag racers are going to continue to put the wood to his behind.
    Denny Hamlin got beat in California this weekend.* Sprint car racers are going to continue to put the wood to his behind .

Quite honestly, since Earl got out of the racing business Eldora doesn't impress me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Denny Hamlin got beat in California this weekend.* Sprint car racers are going to continue to put the wood to his behind .
    Hamlin needs a metal rod to his behind. Tony just ticked me off with his COVID 19 response. He should have pushed back more against the lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Quite honestly, since Earl got out of the racing business Eldora doesn't impress me one bit.
    Definitely not as good. You right about that.

Flyboy
    Just curious: have you ever been to Eldora?

Devin Moran has to win this………..it’s just got to happen that way.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Devin may be the front runner right now. I have been to Eldora but not since Tony had the draconian COVID lockdowns on his facilities

What i saw at Speedweeks, I expect 200 plus cars!

The million is going home to Mooresburg!

It still amazes me that you still can’t understand Tony could not jeopardize his Ohio Alcohol license by opening Eldora to fans against the Ohio Governors lockdowns. Those alcohol $$ is what has allowed Eldora to do what it has done for many many years.
    Don’t remember a lot of folks complaining about the early 2020 Lucas races without fans after the original Florida/Georgia Speedweeks were completed. Golden Isles/East Bay come to mind.
    To be perfectly honest: I doubt Flyboy has ever stepped on the hollowed grounds of Eldora.

Exactly. More worried about $$ than this great country we live in. Other tracks in Ohio were open much quicker. Truth hurts. A lot of big time racing folks were and are left wingers.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 02-28-2022 at 09:27 PM.

Exactly. More worried about $$ than this great country we live in. Other tracks in Ohio were open much quicker. Truth hurts. A lot of big time racing folks were and are left wingers.
    So Tony should have potentially lost his liquor license and all of the revenue that it brings for America? Without the money from alcohol sales, there is no Dream, World, Kings Royal or any other big race there.Maybe I'm out of touch, but geeze...

Would someone please tell me if I am wrong:
    I have attended Eldora’s Dreams and Worlds since the first dream- either 27/28 straight years- (with the exception of 2020 Covid rules). Attended every Prelude & NASCAR Truck race.
    My point is: I believe Eldora is a “business “ and should very much be concerned about $$.
    If Earl could have sold 1 more hot dog-he would have broke even! I am definitely glad Earl & Tony have worried about the $$- or it would have closed 50 years ago.

Depending on the pour…..25/30 drinks in a liter bottle of booze…..bottle of cheap house rum costs around 6/7 dollars …..rum and Coke’s at 5 bucks a piece gross between 125/150 bucks per bottle of rum poured.

Back out the labor , ice, coke,insurance,rent etc and that cheap bottle should net profit around 100 bucks give or take.

Big money to be made if you know what you’re doing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    That is sorta crazy talk...

Our group has been active at Eldora, for over 30 years.

While the Earl days were fantastic. The Tony days, have been a yearly improvement. Restrooms, camping, and overall fan experience.