Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Buckeye bandit,

High prices kill demand. It works from both sides.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I’m feeling the pain at the pump just like the rest of y’all, but it might actually help local tracks. People stay close to their home dirt, both racers and fans.

Thumbs up Will your schedule change?

Will your schedule change?

Before I begin, let’s try not to get politics involved on this thread. Just a simple question. Will the rising costs of everything, particularly fuel, change your plans as far as race attendance this year. It certainly is a consideration for me if things get much worse. I would like to hear other folks thoughts on it.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

For me not yet. Now a couple weeks in if I try and tear the wall down and destroy a bunch of stuff it could all change quickly.

I had just overheard a conversation in the convenience store. The man had hung up from his boss who was upset that he had spent $$ 800.00 on gas on a hot shot trip out west. The man told the others that the truck he used was a " big block utility truck". A lot of teams still use 454 G.M.s or 460 Fords to pull their race trailers with. Surely this will have a noticeable impact on them ? I just spent $65.00 on a 3/4 tank fill up myself.

What's wrong with the previous thread on gas prices?🙄
    8/13/16

Yes, but my mind was made up before the gas $$$ issue. If I were to even race this year, it will only be at the local track. The "shortage" on stuff, along with everything else, made me realize the "2-hour one way trip" is unfortunately a no-go anymore.

High side 25
    I was wondering that exact same thing!

A Democrat got but hurt because they thing everything in the USA is just fine. I'm a Independent.

I think the drivers an owners will look at the payouts more, not just what it pays to win but all back. Just one wins

We need to drill baby drill

If the price of gas goes way above $4 ($3.99 here now) it will definitely keep me closer to home. Will hopefully hit just as many races...probably more weekly shows.

Diesel just hit $5.15 in my corner of southeastern Indiana today.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    We need to drill baby drill
    i'm in total agreement with that ! We import a half a million barrel a day from the Ruskies that we could very easily get here with all of our resources like all of the hardly untapped Alaska .

Energy independence would be awful nice about now

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It blows my mind that 81 million people (supposedly) voted in favor of sky high gas prices. It doesn't make any sense to me at all!
    I've had economics professors tell me it should be ridiculously expensive to save the planet. There are folks who do indeed want very high gas prices.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

What I saw in 2008-2009 was sponsors pulling out and it had a big impact. Circumstances are somewhat different now but with inflation and fuel expenses bet your bottom dollar that some donors are taking a hard look at this year. The only thing we are lacking right now is higher interest rates and a steady barrage of foreclosures and then drivers, race teams, and sponsors will sit out.
    I hate time trials.

The pipeline cancellation hurt us having the right mix to feed our refineries, but even if we had it, the price at the pump would be basically the same. The oil market is global. If you have a barrel of oil, are you going to sell it to a Texas refinery for $80 when one in France will give you $120?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Winging it most likely……We went to around 20 races last year staying within the 3/4 hr range from the house, don’t see that changing a whole lot. Trying to cut costs elsewhere to support the racing this year.

And flo…lots of flo.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Pipeline cancelation was also about Warren Buffet protecting his interests in railroads as hundreds of his railcars pass my house each day. Pipeline critics also claimed Pipeline most dangerous than transport by truck or by rail.