Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Woo Latemodels at the the rev

Their's some people down there that's not happy with woo right now Pierce and a few others suggested go ahead and run non-sanctioned what ya'll think

If a Pierce said it, I believe it and will have to think it is a good idea !

I don't get out much, but what is "the rev?" I don't see a WoO race or any race on Pierce's schedule for this weekend, or is this in reference to something in the future?

Canceled. Too cold I guess.
    8/13/16

^^^ Now I see. Never heard of the place. But Pierce was already there? For a race scheduled 3-days from now?
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 03-08-2022 at 06:06 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Canceled. Too cold I guess.

LISTEN TO THE VIDEO. From the tracks Facebook page. Promotor speaks about low advanced ticket sales as the main reason Brian Carter and World Racing Group / WOO LMS cancelled on him. Guys are telling him including Pierce to run and un-sanctioned show. (Bobby said he would show up)
    Link Below.
    https://www.facebook.com/dirtonthere...87298769730960
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

The forecast sucks and with diesel prices what they are and still rising and how far all the teams would have had to travel to more than likely get rained on, anybody with any sense could see this race had no chance.

Not to mention this track was supposed to go back to asphalt literally the day after this race, so if the WoO wanted to reschedule, they couldn’t.

I see people all over the comments that Lucas wouldn’t have cancelled. I guarantee they would have.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

"The forecast sucks and with diesel prices what they are and still rising and how far all the teams would have had to travel to more than likely get rained on, anybody with any sense could see this race had no chance.

Not to mention this track was supposed to go back to asphalt literally the day after this race, so if the WoO wanted to reschedule, they couldn’t."

BINGO, well said. The bias on this board toward the World of Outlaws is obvious, and this is just another example. When Lucas pulled the plug on 411 because of the weather forecast, they were praised for being thoughtful towards the teams and fans with the current gas prices.

I see people all over the comments that Lucas wouldn’t have cancelled. I guarantee they would have.

It was a weather decision. The promoter can lay blame wherever he wants since he knows they will never be back.
    8/13/16

It's going to be a long spring if we cancel every event due to a chance of rain/cold and cite high diesel prices as excuses, though valid reasons as they may be. It's about like the covid excuse for everything, it gets old quick.

The touring drivers were pissed last year when they would haul hours, and not even get to unload because of the weather. Instead of having the guys pull to Louisiana and take a chance on it making everybody mad again for wasting time and money, it was probably best they do call it for their sake. If Mr Scott puts up the money, drivers will come. At that point, it's on him to run the race or if the weather is crappy.

Default hours and miles

Some of these guys have a very long way to travel. Instead of this being a two day show at one track they needed a few other shows to make the trip worth while if the weather caused a cancelation. Here are a few one way hours and miles. Boom 18 hr 1200 miles Blair 18 hr 1150+ miles Rocket 15 hr 1000 miles Brent larson 15 hr Chris simpson 13 hr Dennis erb 13 hr Tyler bruening 15 hr Chris madden 10 hr I think it was a correct call.

Thumbs up

Looks like their racing on Sunday Afternoon

COPIED AND PASTED FROM THE TRACK FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/dirtontherev/

WE ARE RACING ANYWAY!!! Let’s pack the stands and pits this SUNDAY afternoon and show the world why The Rev is the real deal, with real deal fans, real deal racers, and why it needs to stay!!!

Pit gates open at 12
    General admission opens at 3
    Hot laps at 4

Pit passes $35
    Ages 10 and under $15
    General admission $15
    Ages 10 and under $10

Crates - $1,300 to win & $100 to start
    Limiteds - $600 to win & $60 to start
    Factory - $500 to win & $50 to start
    Streets, Pro Mods - $400 to win, $50 to start
    Compacts - $250 to win & $35 to start

Starting 20 cars in each feature.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 03-09-2022 at 06:44 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by stempy View Post
    Some of these guys have a very long way to travel. Instead of this being a two day show at one track they needed a few other shows to make the trip worth while if the weather caused a cancelation. Here are a few one way hours and miles. Boom 18 hr 1200 miles Blair 18 hr 1150+ miles Rocket 15 hr 1000 miles Brent larson 15 hr Chris simpson 13 hr Dennis erb 13 hr Tyler bruening 15 hr Chris madden 10 hr I think it was a correct call.
    You don't think these guys go home after every race do you?

Secondly, they signed up for this...

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    You don't think these guys go home after every race do you?

Secondly, they signed up for this...
    They don’t when the season picks up. but they are home now since most haven’t raced since FL and most likely will be going back home after this race since they don’t race again for two weeks.

Is Bobby still coming?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Looks like no supers.
    8/13/16

WoO should have either scheduled a southern swing with a race at the Rev and a show in Mississippi, Arkansas or Texas over the course of a 3 day weekend or 2 weekends or never put it on schedule but a single event all way down in Louisiana in March was stupid as hell to begin with and that’s just my opinion.

Race night. At 7pm it is raining in Monroe. Temperature is 48 with a north wind gusting to 40mph. Snow is forecasted after 9pm. WOO may have made a good decision.