Default Gas Prices and the Million surprises

Lets say gas is $4.29 and diesel is $5.75 a gallon what will you expect the car count and fan count to be? I would say if the place holds 20,000 maybe 14,000 people in stands and 135 cars. I see alot of people marking this on their calendar just because the payout is huge for the whole weekend. Also anyone see any suprises outside of tyler courtney?

Car count it will certainly effect but I don't see it affecting the fan count very much. The place will still be standing room only come feature time on Saturday. And I believe that number is north of 30,000

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Car count it will certainly effect but I don't see it affecting the fan count very much. The place will still be standing room only come feature time on Saturday. And I believe that number is north of 30,000
    Well, if they wait till Saturday, they will have missed the Million lol

It won't really effect anything. I just hope that people that voted in favor of these gas prices or didn't vote at all remember that they're not allowed to complain about the Bidenflation because this is their fault.

I think the bigger question is will all of this tank our economy. It bounced back okay after the pandemic and all the shutdowns, but can it stand another blow like this? I wonder how many small racetracks lost a lot of money the last couple years and were hoping to recover some of those losses when things "returned to normal"? This could be the final nail in the coffin for some of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k20 View Post
    I think the bigger question is will all of this tank our economy. It bounced back okay after the pandemic and all the shutdowns, but can it stand another blow like this? I wonder how many small racetracks lost a lot of money the last couple years and were hoping to recover some of those losses when things "returned to normal"? This could be the final nail in the coffin for some of those.
    Of course it will affect the economy. A large portion of our country is check to check living. Those folks have way less disposable income. Consumer spending is what makes our economy go.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I know my wife and I will be going to the Million and we live 40 minutes from the track. We are going to take our son all week but we both work at together make 104,000 a year and we have 3 cars paid off and a home and save 55% of our income a year and all tax returns and the stimulus checks we gave to our son who is 6. We plan on going to races like normal. And tractor pulls.

For a million bucks yep lots of teams and fans will be there

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    For a million bucks yep lots of teams and fans will be there
    I'm sure that you are going to be right as rain on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I'm sure that you are going to be right as rain on this.
    I’m always (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) right 😜

This isn't the first time the racing world has went through this and it wasn't fun the last time and it won't be this time around either. Remains to be seen how much it will be affected by either car counts or fans in the stands.

A lot of middle class folks will not survive this. A lot of the retirement community that live on a fixed income will not survive this. Those living pay check to pay check just had increases in there fuel prices of 100%, gas was under 2.00 a gallon during the election, it is 4.20 currently. Pricing at the grocery store has gone up substantially. By survive, I mean people will be forced into making major cuts in there lifestyles. Fans that supported racing had disposable income. That's gone.

I doubt it effects the million race much least as far as crowds, but it will effect all of the other races. People are still gonna go to "a race of a lifetime event" like the million but will likely skip going to other races they may have attended. They will do that so they can still go to the million and just watch the races they have to skip on a streaming service.

Racers could be another story, some may not come and others may get stuck short on parts or getting engines done as the parts deal has really slowed and hurt that even if you have plenty of money. It's going to effect the underdog racers more then the professional well known races, IMO. However whatever cars they may lose to this is probably offset by other guys that normally don't run LM's that are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Of course it will affect the economy. A large portion of our country is check to check living. Those folks have way less disposable income. Consumer spending is what makes our economy go.
    That is nothing new. That has been happening for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    That is nothing new. That has been happening for decades.
    Gas was not $4+ last year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Gas was not $4+ last year.
    You obviously did not read the post that I was responding to. I was responding to people living paycheck to paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    You obviously did not read the post that I was responding to. I was responding to people living paycheck to paycheck.
    Haha. That post was mine. I said paycheck to paycheck people were crushed by these gas prices. Paycheck to paycheck doesn't affect spending if costs remain fixed or wages pace inflation.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1