Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XR Super Series?

maybe because i've seen this movie before, but why can't i get more excited about this mega money new series?

guess maybe i'll wait and see who is actually is involved and who is writing the checks since there seems to be little information.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Mo racing and mo money = me happy

Hey flypaper, are you simple or just straight up mentally challenged? Asking for everyone on this site.
    Last edited by John Boy; 03-18-2022 at 06:15 AM.

Fly on the wall offers such riveting comments. He certainly enlightens us all with his hard hitting replies.

Klemmabyna, I am with you. Unlike the WOOLM or LOLMS, there is not a lot of information or publicity coming from the XR camp, so it is hard to get excited on my end. The other thing is I do not think I will be able to watch any of the XR races this year. I already subscribe to Flo and Dirtvision and can not justify to subscribing to XR financially, at least for now, without knowing what kind of product will be on the track in terms of teams following the series etc.

XR also don't allow any other outfits to show their highlights the next day which seems odd to me. The only way of seeing their stuff is through their PPV which limits their exposure to fans maybe wanting to see their stuff before they purchase PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    maybe because i've seen this movie before, but why can't i get more excited about this mega money new series?

guess maybe i'll wait and see who is actually is involved and who is writing the checks since there seems to be little information.
    Pay structures are similar to any other higher paying race we already have. They came in swinging big (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) like they were going out pay Lucas and the outlaws, and we're basically going to crush them by taking away their drivers. They will not accomplish that with the pay structures that they have now.

That's just my opinion. That may not be the way it way it was meant to be.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 03-18-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Agreed with Pennsboro - I am guessing there's a reason for it but they seem to some hostility towards DoD/Flo, which definitely limits their exposure and prevents it from becoming a mainstream series to me. DoD does report on their news, but its definitely not a 2 way street. Not allowing the single greatest news source in the sport access to your races seems amateur to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Mo racing and mo money = me happy
    A good thought there ! ! I believe that it should keep everyone happy ! !

Not hard to figure out. Teams need money. Especially now

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Hey flypaper, are you simple or just straight up mentally challenged? Asking for everyone on this site.
    Alright genius go ahead and explain to me how more big money races is going to hurt the sport.

They wrote a lot of good checks last year at Bristol and will again this year. I’m excited for thr CHARLOTTE events. I’m doing the second weekend of Bristol this year it was fun last year. ENJOY THE RIDE

At some point here REAL soon alot of people are going to have a SERIOUS wake up call here! You think all this "big money" is gonna save the sport? They're litterly crushing the Saturday night tracks trying to survive with fewer asses in the stands as ever. The smaller "Saturday night" tracks are what got the sport where it is now.
    Secondly, These Dolly Parton purses are doing WAY more harm than good. What's more important?? Team "A" earning a half million dollars? OR, the big money up front get's spread out thru the field so you have great car counts? You'd better start considering that REAL soon! With the costs going thru the roof for everything you'd better start taking care of EVERYONE. Not just the few remaining hot shots that can afford to bounce around cherry picking.

The local tracks are mostly running crates. Very few run supers on a weekly basis. Weekly tracks are scheduling around big events in their area. Watch Scott Bloomquist interviews. He always says the big payouts are what kept him in business.

Dolly Parton purses……lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I can't see where the xr series is hurting local Sat. night racing. Pretty much anyone competing in the Super Late class would be at a Lucas or WoO event if this XR series didn't exist. I highly doubt anyone racing locally will attend these events.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I can't see where the xr series is hurting local Sat. night racing. Pretty much anyone competing in the Super Late class would be at a Lucas or WoO event if this XR series didn't exist. I highly doubt anyone racing locally will attend these events.
    That’s what I see around North Carolina 👍

There are a lot of geniuses on here (mostly with small wenuses)

There is definitely bad blood between Rigsby and Barry. If you notice anytime Rigsby does his podcast or one of the studio shows, he will never refer to Barry or XR, he will just say a "series'. On the podcast with Madden, he said there are a bunch of vultures out there who are scheduling over other races. No doubt this was a shot at Barry and XR. Also, back in January right before the chill bowl, I came upon a twitter chat thing where everyone go join the conversation and talk. Rigsby was on there and a few people tried to get him to say what he thinks about Barry and XR and he wouldn't bite. So look for this feud to continue on as the year goes.

Theirs no doubt that the XR series is a thorn in Lucas and WoO's behind.
    8/13/16