FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

March 25, 2022

Ray Cook Pulls Double Duty in Shamrock; Lands on Podium in 604 Crate Late Model

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) Brasstown, North Carolina driver Ray Cook pulled double duty on Saturday, March 19 in the annual 'Shamrock' race at Boyd's Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia. Behind the wheel of his own #53 Crate Late Model, Ray posted the sixth quickest lap overall during the qualifying session to earn the outside of the third row for the start of the 604 main event. Ray then vaulted towards the front of the field, battled hard for the second spot, and ultimately wound up on the podium in third behind only $3,000 victor Booger Brooks and runner-up Cameron Weaver!

The Ultimate Super Late Model Series was also in action at the Chattanooga-area facility and a $5,000 winner's check was up for grabs during the 'Shamrock' showdown. Ray, who was piloting a #27 entry out of Joe Denby's racing stable, laid down the eleventh quickest time in Group B during qualifying before grabbing the sixth transfer spot through his B-Main. The driver known as the "Tarheel Tiger" then moved up a few spots during the course of the 40-lapper and was eventually paid for an eighteenth place performance. Full results from Boyd's Speedway can be viewed online at www.boydsspeedway.com.

Ray Cook Racing will jump right back into competition this Saturday, March 26 at I-75 Raceway in Sweetwater, Tennessee. Ray will unload his 604 Crate Late Model to vie for the $1,200 top prize in a weekly program at the Volunteer State oval. The event will also serve as a tune-up race for the big $5,000 to win American Crate All-Star Series show at I-75 on Saturday, April 2. More information on I-75 Raceway can be found on their official website, which is located online at www.i75raceway.com.

Ray Cook Racing would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their continued support: Always Moving, LLC, J&J Construction, Vinson Sims Construction, Katschman Trucking, Capital Race Cars, American Racer South, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, FK Rod Ends, GW Performance, Sunoco Race Fuels, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Stealth Carburetors, Real Racing Wheels, PRC (Performance Rod & Custom), Collins Signs, and Delph Communications.

For the latest news and schedule information concerning the #53 team, feel free to visit their official Internet home at www.RayCook53.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com