Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default $900k payoff = 37 cars!

Throwing money at a problem without dicing the problem never accomplishes anything.

Super Late Models are dying because they are too expensive. Yet this series showcases the same wide open rules as WoO and Lucas that are slowly killing the sport.

It showcases the same time trial format as WoO and Lucas that produces mediocre racing and puts the highest dollar teams in the front. And continues to kill car counts.

And when only 24 drivers get the big money. Well you get 37 cars.

Somebody is throwing away a lot of money to accomplish nothing.
    Last edited by Fast Wheels; 03-26-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Wheels View Post
    Throwing money at a problem without dicing the problem never accomplishes anything.

Super Late Models are dying because they are too expensive. Yet this series showcases the same wide open rules as WoO and Lucas that are slowly killing the sport.

It showcases the same time trial format as WoO and Lucas that produces mediocre racing and puts the highest dollar teams in the front. And continues to kill car counts.

I honestly wonder if they ran at a smaller track where it didn’t use up as much equipment if they would have had a much higher car count. For example instead of Bristol if they ran 411 and Bulls Gap this weekend for 50k each.

There are only so many of these high dollar teens and they were already diluted between Lucas and World of outlaws. Further diluting them without creating new teams in the sport does nothing. And now $50,000 events are only 50 laps. Definitely not a must see about like a 50,000 race used to be

50 laps saves motor wear which in turn saves teams money. 100 lap races are fine but the Outlaws run 30 lap races and packing stands everywhere. Maybe the business model has shifted?

Come to think of it, wonder what a LM race would look like Outlaw format? I'm kinda liking thought. Dashes, qualifying, heats, and get up on the wheel racing sounds far better than slow and methodical 100 lap tire savers

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Wheels View Post

Bingo! The fun of dirt on Bristol was over last year. The best Hangover movie was the first one. No need for parts 2 and 3. Same thinking here.

Watching the guy on youtube that posted the heats and main from his seat showed me I did not miss anything. What was so special about it? Remember when a $50k to win race actually had hype at the track? This had nothing. I listened to the announcer during FB Live practice and the dude was not even remotely exciting to listen to

So you are paying out more money? THERE WAS NOBODY IN THE STANDS! NOBODY!!!!! I personally wont pay the $34.99 to watch it. A buck a car to watch the pole sitter win, no thanks. All those cars are cheated up too.

Not trying to be negative but throwing 900k over 2 weekends really is not helping this sport at all.

eliminate qualifing. straight up pill draw for heat position. 100% random. run the heats. invert the pill draw. run a second batch of heats. combine the points to set up the feature.

imo...the local tracks need to work together...same rules...work together on scheduling big events...up the purses like fairbury did...(that was long over due)...way back when when my family ran kankakee speedway we had teamed up with crown point and rensselaer and formed the illiana clay racing association...kankakee ran friday...crown point saturday and rensselaer on sunday....i was too young then to know the particulares but if local tracks did that and all contributed to a point fund...maybe the local racing scene could improve...leave the touring series to the big budget teams

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    imo...the local tracks need to work together...same rules...work together on scheduling big events...up the purses like fairbury did...(that was long over due)...way back when when my family ran kankakee speedway we had teamed up with crown point and rensselaer and formed the illiana clay racing association...kankakee ran friday...crown point saturday and rensselaer on sunday....i was too young then to know the particulares but if local tracks did that and all contributed to a point fund...maybe the local racing scene could improve...leave the touring series to the big budget teams
    And how did that work out? Just asking for a friend.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    It worked out good. I considered them my home tracks. Crown Point was 15 minutes from my house till it closed. 2 of the 3 are closed now and Kankakee it still holding on. K3 is still looking for a promoter for this year though. The Illiana Clay Racing Association was a smart idea by those involved.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    It worked out good. I considered them my home tracks. Crown Point was 15 minutes from my house till it closed. 2 of the 3 are closed now and Kankakee it still holding on. K3 is still looking for a promoter for this year though. The Illiana Clay Racing Association was a smart idea by those involved.
    if 2 of 3 tracks are extinct, it did not work out good. What did I miss?

are you really trying to compare what happened 45 years ago to todays environment??? I didnt think you were that stupid...i stand corrected...you dont think a couple tracks working together would help local racing??? tell me then einstein what do you think would help? eliminating WoO and lucas? another touring series would just pop up...none of the touring series promoters care about the local track scene...they just want that big money...none of them are promoting to benefit the sport...its to line their pockets...

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    thanks dan for understanding the value of teamwork.

ron white was right...you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    are you really trying to compare what happened 45 years ago to todays environment??? I didnt think you were that stupid...i stand corrected...you dont think a couple tracks working together would help local racing??? tell me then einstein what do you think would help? eliminating WoO and lucas? another touring series would just pop up...none of the touring series promoters care about the local track scene...they just want that big money...none of them are promoting to benefit the sport...its to line their pockets...
    OHHHHHH you did not mention this happened 45 years ago! Notice I didnt call anyone any names say they were stupid. (does that make your feel more of a man saying those things?) I simply asked for clarification. You made it sound like this 3 track thing was the cure to everything. People are so defensive these days.

I never said I had the answers. DLM racing is pricing itself extinct. There is not enough money to be made at a weekly track to support supers so now they have to tour to hunt bigger payouts. There are way too many touring series out there as it is.

Like you, we all have ideas but we have zero power other than voting with our wallets.

I will not support XR. I do not agree with the dolly parton payoffs, same boring format we have used for decades that produce mediocre racing, running against the established folks ect.

Thumbs up

Rennselaer Raceway was a Fairgrounds track and closed in late 1985 / early 86. long story.

Crown Point closed due to some issues that I will not discuss on here because it's too much to type and far too few would actually understand and partically had to do with the city closing in around them

Kankakee Speedway has had issues with the fairbord for decades and most who would promote a track don't want to work with them because of how the do business. The track is still open though. It just needs a promoter to run it.

I'll say this. They say people who want to be promoters must be crazy to want to put up with all the headache. I must be crazy then. I might be the only person on this forum that would truely love to be a track promoter, I just don't have the money to buy or build a track.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

It's the track. Had they had this show at Fairbury, for example, there would have been 100 cars there (if the weather was decent).

Only 33 late models tonight at Bristol

OHHHHHH you did not mention this happened 45 years ago! Notice I didnt call anyone any names say they were stupid. (does that make your feel more of a man saying those things?) I simply asked for clarification. You made it sound like this 3 track thing was the cure to everything. People are so defensive these days.

I never said I had the answers. DLM racing is pricing itself extinct. There is not enough money to be made at a weekly track to support supers so now they have to tour to hunt bigger payouts. There are way too many touring series out there as it is.

Like you, we all have ideas but we have zero power other than voting with our wallets.

I will not support XR. I do not agree with the dolly parton payoffs, same boring format we have used for decades that produce mediocre racing, running against the established folks ect.
    no you didnt call anyone names...but your reply was equally condescending...
    "And how did that work out? Just asking for a friend."...
    and if you would read instead of trying to put someone down you would have seen i said "way back when" and i mentioned tracks like crown point and rensselaer which have been closed for years...so if you didnt know it was a long time ago...then when did you think i was talking about? you were being a smart azz

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    You tell'em russ! Whoops, I mean Karen . . . 
    At least you got the right name...I don't mind the childish Karen thing it's par for the course...but would you quit calling smooth32 Russ? That's not his name...it's not me...actually if you met him you would understand why it's so offensive