Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bristol Crowd???

Where were the fans? The place was empty?
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    They were all at home watching on racexr.com, drinking cheaper beer and eating cheaper food in the comfort of their easy chair, switching back and forth to dirtvision.com. The next level is here.
    We could’ve stayed home and watched the NASCAR race last Sunday on a 70” screen, with much cheaper food and drinks, and saved an additional $300 on gas and tickets. Instead, we chose to attend the race, with a huge crowd, and watch a kickass show.

It’s not about the money it takes. It’s about the quality of the show. I have no interest in watching Bristol covered in dirt. We didn’t even watch on TV. But I would pay to see that same NASCAR show live at Atlanta again and again and again.

Weather has sucked. Hit or miss here in March. Maybe next weekend will be better but I was shocked.

They were all at home watching on racexr.com, drinking cheaper beer and eating cheaper food in the comfort of their easy chair, switching back and forth to dirtvision.com. The next level is here.
    The question I have is they are supposed to have it again next weekend.. who is going to pay to watch that garbage while sitting at home? I tried to watch the heats and feature that someone posted on You Tube.. had to skip through most of it just wanted to see who won. It was awful.

NASCAR at Atlanta wasn’t a show. 30 cars wrecked during the race. Cars were 15mph slower than they used to be at the track. That was wrestling style entertainment (not a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) race). That was a joke

I think you got it figured out. Especially with cost of travel going up. I’m sure Cherokee had a big crowd though

it has been said before, its lost its luster after year 1

The best race they have had there is the Sunday afternoon outlaw race they ran last year. It wasnt anything spectacular, but it was better than anything that's been ran there yet.

The track it too big, and the cars are too aero dependant to race side by side. The place is cool to see covered in dirt, that's the best part of it.

Bristol Dirt is just a thang. That thang will soon wear out soon. I agree with you’ll on that.

You most likely will be RIGHT on this too ....

There couldn’t have been 400 people unless they were all sitting on top of the backstretch. The low crowd was shocking.

IMO promoters that went with PPV have killed their own crowds. And I don’t believe PPV brings in what the gate was bringing in. No way a $150ish Flo Racing etc subscription returns enough revenue to tracks to make up for lost tickets.

Much cheaper to sit at home and not gamble traveling expense on bad races.

The crowd will be bigger (that isn’t saying much) when the World of Outlaws are there in April. Just the brand name will attract more fans. Hopefully better weather also. The car count probably will not be any better and the quality of the racing won’t improve. The track configuration just isn’t conducive to good racing.

Racing in March and April is dumb. It’s too early and the weather rarely works out. People aren’t that into DLM racing anymore, so sitting in the cold watching a mostly boring race isn’t very fun.

Ummm, record crowds everywhere, last year...

But "people aren't into DLM racing anymore"....

Cherokee is packed

if im gonna watch a train race, id rather do it at bristol. ive never understood the hype cherokee gets

^^^

Me neither. The only thing my momma ever warned me about was the awful racing that Cherokee produces.

^^^ They had better racing when track was bigger

high gas price+ lets go Brandon lol.....

Gotta agree with fly. Cherokee didn't have a problem putting a**es in the seats. The track, the money being offered, the names that were there. The place was empty. Johnnie Huck mentioned what it cost him just to get in the place, 850.00, 4 pit passes and car entry. That's a frigin joke, personally I hope XR just goes away. You can talk all you want about what they made on tv deals. It still looks bad when no one is in the place.