Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Gotta agree with fly. Cherokee didn't have a problem putting a**es in the seats. The track, the money being offered, the names that were there. The place was empty. Johnnie Huck mentioned what it cost him just to get in the place, 850.00, 4 pit passes and car entry. That's a frigin joke, personally I hope XR just goes away. You can talk all you want about what they made on tv deals. It still looks bad when no one is in the place.
    👍 XR should be promoting the snot out of this race in Eastern TN, Western Va and the mountains of North Carolina. Even the Charlotte area. No excuse not to get at least 15,000 fans every night for this. You have JD, Bloomer, Owens and Big Sexy and a bunch more great teams

When you build decks for the international space station 850 bucks should be a non issue for the huckster…..and he probably got to scratch a bucket list item to boot.

Kidding aside was cool to see him in the lineup still racing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The crowd was so bad this year that even Bloomquists male stripper buddy wasn’t there 😜

Flyboy. Just saw your post. The NASCAR race at AMS was awesome. Everyone who was there in person, or watched on TV, agreed. Not sure what your issue was.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Flyboy. Just saw your post. The NASCAR race at AMS was awesome. Everyone who was there in person, or watched on TV, agreed. Not sure what your issue was.
    That is far from true. Too many wrecked cars and cautions. Just entertainment and not racing

^
    The Don Lemon of auto racing? Nice try Flytrap.
    8/13/16

NasClown is a woke joke. Making all the cars the same so they go the same speed and watching them wreck is not racing. Just entertainment.

The drivers and owners love the new cars too. NASCAR needed to do something to rejuvenate a struggling sport, and they hit a grand slam with these new cars. The sport is pretty awesome right now. Of course you snowflakes are going to hate it. Y’all hate everything. I just wish our sport would make the necessary changes to fix its issues.

The crowd was so bad this year that even Bloomquists male stripper buddy wasn’t there 😜
    It was too cold for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    That pretty much says it all ! ! Nasky is all right if you want to watch black entertainment, 3 hours of commercials, and caution laps.

You guys clearly didn’t read the comments below that video lol. Too funny.

I'm wondering how much the format is leading to less people. Races from 3 to 8 or 9 thats a long time for fans to be sitting. I know weather has something to do with it also. I'm wondering how the rest of these other XR races are going to look attendance wise.

You are correct people do not want to sit there 5 or 6 hours you got 4 hrs to hold a crowd an put on a show the local tracks around me run 8 ,9,even 10 classes and they wonder why nobody comes by the time they get to late model feature all they got is a wore out race track.

How cold was it? I’ve spent many cold nights at races. Starting back in the Pennsboro days. That was day racing, but the mornings and evenings were still cold. And they still had big crowds. Fast forward to my 8 years in South Georgia. We’ve had some cold weekends at the GIS Super Bowl weekends. But still have huge crowds. If the product is good enough, temperature doesn’t matter. But, format definitely affects it.

Ok, it's a Thursday night and yes it is tuff to see because the place is so big. I don't see anybody. This guy screaming is waaaaaaayy to much. Mines muted.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Ok, it's a Thursday night and yes it is tuff to see because the place is so big. I don't see anybody. This guy screaming is waaaaaaayy to much. Mines muted.
    The main grandstand is only open on Friday and Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    NasClown is a woke joke. Making all the cars the same so they go the same speed and watching them wreck is not racing. Just entertainment.
    Maybe you don't like Nascar but, others do, Have you even watched any of the races this year? The racing has been a lot better than it has been in the last few years.

The late model show at Bristol couldn't even attract any fans. The racing wasn't good at all so, there's that. It wasn't even entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Maybe you don't like Nascar but, others do, Have you even watched any of the races this year? The racing has been a lot better than it has been in the last few years.

The late model show at Bristol couldn't even attract any fans. The racing wasn't good at all so, there's that. It wasn't even entertaining.
    From what I've seen of the Bristol dirt race, I'd pay to watch NASCAR at Bristol before I'd pay to
    watch late models.
    8/13/16

The bang bangers and street stocks are the show at Bristol!

Theyre worth the price of admission!

Also, kudos to the track prep........its been excellent all week!