Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

He's well practiced at falling up the stairs, maybe he should practice falling down them!

He should beware of Trump practicing with his driver though!......

BBQ Are you sure there is a real Democrat left in Congress? Not a single one voted against Ketanji Brown Jackson...
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    When the new electric Air Force one needs a re-charge midair, whats Sleepy Joe gonna do then?
    He'll just fire the pilots!!!!

we could had electric cars years ago, but things like that GET HELD BACK!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNate01 View Post
    we could had electric cars years ago, but things like that GET HELD BACK!!!!!
    Kinda like you in kindergarten !

The problem is that batteries are a very poor way of storing energy, but right now they are the best way we've got. Still, they kinda suck. Super capacitors would be better but that technology isn't matured yet. Anyway, mother nature has a much better way of storing energy. That is photosynthesis, which captures energy from sunlight and uses it to build carbon chains. This happens in plants, which then die, get buried and eventually turn into fossil fuels. So, when you pump gas into your car, you're really running on solar energy as that's where the energy in those gasoline molecules originally came from millions of years ago. Anyway, mother nature can store that energy much more densely than we can with any battery technology we currently have.So, until battery technology or super capacitors get much better, plug in electric cars are not ideal. Now, a hybrid or an electric drive train car with an ICE driving a generator could be an ideal combination right now. There are many advantages a configuration like this could have, like the ability to instantaneously deliver high torque from a stand still and low RPMs, traction control by having a motor driving each wheel and a computer to monitor wheel spin and deliver just the right amount of power to each wheel, regenerative braking to recapture wasted energy to charge banks of super capacitors, and the ability to run the ICE at a specific RPM for which it is tuned for maximum efficiency all the time. I could easily see a high performance sports cars designed like this that could outperform most cars today with a much smaller and more fuel efficient engine, but it would not really be an "electric" car as it would still be powered by fossil fuels and an ICE. Basically, you'd just be replacing the traditional mechanical drivetrain with an electrical drivetrain . I suspect we'll see this in racing long before we see a switch to all electric. It has all the advantages I already mentioned plus the ability to eliminate things like mechanical clutches, transmissions, rear end differentials, CV joints, etc.

thats what I was after, Thanx dude..........So its sounds like a better idea why it happening? you gotta have oil and gas to build whatever so dont go there...........

Near every circular in our paper is now only showing electric mowers and no gas jobs.I do see where they may be an advantage in parts of West Virginia where the houses are half built on stilts and you have to run the mower up and down the hills in the hollers on the end of a rope. Most used the good old green Lawnboy 2 cycle mowers because they would keep running where as the 4 strokes would starve for oil and lock up eventually. My friend still has 1 of those 2 cycle Lawn boy he uses for trimming. Its about 40 years old an still runs like a charm ! !

My dad had me mowing with one of those lawn boys back in the late 70s early 80s…..that thing wouldn’t quit running, I hated it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The old pre-mix Lawnboys were a good American product that would run and run decades just like Wheel Horse lawn tractors. I have a collection of them that I fiddle around with.

I remember it well……..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

We had an acre on a lake with a very steep backyard. My dad always bought Snapper ride-ons but we had a Lawnboy for the back and trim work. I learned to use the rider on the back instead of pushing that stupid small Lawnboy. Then sometimes if the rider went down, I would have to use the Lawnboy on the whole yard. That was rough!

I purposely tried to kill that thing many times but couldnt! They were tough....lol!

The new one were never the same once legislation forced them to sell the 4-stroke models Honda mowers were better.

Here's a video about two nice electric vehicles!!!!

https://youtu.be/5r-yN8SugWM

Dang!!! Here's another video!!!

https://youtu.be/T71cVhxG_v4

https://youtu.be/-5aNdqZWphY

I think the ole gas powered Wetter Bus is a much better choice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    https://youtu.be/-5aNdqZWphYI think the ole gas powered Wetter Bus is a much better choice!!!!
    Water the track, PLEEEEZE ! !

New battery technology. The real reason gas prices are going up. Their days are numbered. Get it why you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRJuXY4JTtM
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

If Trump went through with what he was planning on the sixth.....

We would be paying $1.99/gallon for gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    If Trump went through with what he was planning on the sixth.....

We would be paying $1.99/gallon for gas!
    Stock market would at 40,000, border would be secure , AMERICAN babies would have formula , the Taliban wouldn’t have 4 billion dollars of our military equipment, 11 marines wouldn’t have died senselessly at Kabul airport , they wouldn’t be putting tampon dispensers in BOYS bathrooms , thousands of Americans would not be dead from the fentanyl coming across the southern border,China and Fauci would be held accountable for COVID , The Biden crime family would be in jail, Elon Musk would own twitter,North Korea would not be launching missiles , Iraq would not be well on it’s way to having nuclear weapons! Anything I missed ( and I know there is a lot ) please fill in the blanks !!!!!