Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The Great Electric Car 'Zero Emissions' Boondoggle - https://seekingalpha.com/article/431...ons-boondoggle

Where the energy comes from is important

The energy source that should be used for calculating electric car emissions depends on where you live (or more accurately, where you charge your car). There is some controversy over whether we should use the average energy mix or the incremental energy source when calculating emissions.

The average energy mix assumes that cars are charged in some utopian realm where the wind blows constantly and the sun shines at night. The incremental energy is a more realistic choice, and since most electric cars are charged at night, the night-time incremental energy source will give us the closest approximation to real-world electric car emissions.

For example, suppose we have a power grid that has a demand of 40 Gw at night and is supplied by 20 Gw of fossil fuel and 20 Gw of wind. If we add demand from a million electric cars to that grid, we will increase demand by about 10 Gw. The wind won’t blow harder to fill that demand - the extra energy will have to come from fossil fuel.

In any electrical power grid that uses a mix of fossil fuel and “clean” energy sources, if the “clean” source is being utilized to its maximum capacity, then it follows that any load added to the system has to be supplied by burning fossil fuel.

So, electric cars can only claim to be “clean” if the electricity they use comes from a grid that has a surplus of “clean” energy at the time the car is being charged. Most electric cars are charged at night, and we want that to be the case because that is when demand is at its lowest and the grid has spare capacity. So, for an electric car to be “clean,” the power grid needs to have a surplus of “clean” power at night.

Biden’s EV Boondoggle is China’s Big Win - https://insidesources.com/bidens-ev-...hinas-big-win/

The big winner in this latest Biden initiative is clearly China. The U.S. becomes further dependent on China for a supply chain of critical minerals, technology, and commerce.

Why the U.S. Postal Service Shouldn’t Have to Deliver an Electric Vehicle Boondoggle - https://www.realclearenergy.org/arti...le_832583.html

Sadly, the obligations to jump on the EV bandwagon leaves the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) in a massive financial and operational predicament. The USPS, a traditionally venerable federal agency for its core mail delivery nationwide, has regrettably suffered in recent decades as result of an archaic business model and leaders treating the agency as a proving ground for experimental services, and expansions of mission favored by interest groups – like competitive package transport. As the USPS has forced its way into services, the institution has recently amassed $188 billion in unfunded liabilities. With EVs, the USPS would lose the financial benefits of their current fleet design, and worse, EVs would introduce substantial new risks and liabilities to the USPS.

In terms of USPS purchasing power, it is noteworthy that electric vehicles, on average, cost $13,000 more than typical combustion vehicles, prompting important questions about how many years or decades it may take USPS to see a return on investment.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    The Great Electric Car 'Zero Emissions' Boondoggle - https://seekingalpha.com/article/431...ons-boondoggle
    Biden is such a vomitous puppett! He's ruining America!!!

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-09-2015/oz6RjV.gif

Last edited by Buford.Justice; 05-21-2022 at 02:30 AM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

It’s the folks that voted for hims fault……..everyone could see he wasn’t the right person, just the safest in the land of misfit toys known as the dem party.

Blame the voters that chose him if you’re going to blame anyone, they deserve all of it……..idiots.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Barbecueboy - nailed it !

Those "idiots" sure disappeared off this tailgate section........hmmm!!!

Well we as Americans need to help prop Joe up and not cause any of our own internal strife being azzholes to each other on the streets right now………it won’t solve everything but it will keep some people from being kilt.

It can’t be ……..never anything Obama or never anything Trump forever, our country needs to move on from all that…..this will sound very un pc but I’m going to say it anyway, there are some very fine people on both sides.🤣

Little early for sippin the bourbon......aint it?

Barbecueboy, As I’ve said many-a time before now --- You are far more optimistic than I.

Sorry that ship has sailed ! We must be willing to go to the same depths as them or we will never survive as a free nation !!!!!!!

Very well said BBQ.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

ss12, Name three “very fine” Conservatives in politics that you agree with, and why you agree with them.

There are at least 3 TRUMP HATERS I know he can come up with !!!!! LC🦏,MR🦏,AK🦏!,,

It’s just easier to be optimistic and have hope than be pessimistic about it all and have no hope…….just makes for a happier life for me personally, everyone is different.

I realize it’s a lot to ask because of the way some people have become,but it’s really not unreasonable to ask someone to give you the same respect they are given……after that, it’s just a matter of talking too people not at them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Little early for sippin the bourbon......aint it?
    Saturday at 4:00? Um , no…….🤣

Barbecueboy, Is your statement really that realistic, in the world we live in today? I mean, I get your religious connotations and your personal religious convictions --- but, (one example) where was all of this peace, love, and respect when Antifa was burning, rioting and looting, add in the outright seizer of parts of major cities. As well (second example) as the lack of “respect” regarding the ill will (death) wished on our former President by the one and only ss12. I can give you example after example but you get my point.

Point being, when is enough, enough --- and just play the game the same as dirtMAN007 has stated.
    Last edited by lurker; 05-22-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Come’on ss12, if your going to talk the talk, walk the walk. Name three “very fine” Conservatives in politics that you agree with, and why you agree with them.

That’s what got us in the situation we are facing now …………….not willing to push back and say the loud part out loud! It’s time to fight fire with fire or we lose the freedoms our founding fathers and our own dads ,brothers,sisters,moms fought and died for !!!!!!! It’s time to RISE UP and push back hard against this radical far left agenda !!!! Now more than ever we can’t be bullied into submission we must bully back and fight like TRUMP !!!!

Lurker it’s probably not realistic considering the players involved and how they are being raised( or more so , not raised)……..and I understand that.

Being said, if there is no hope then there is nothing……….I hope I make it to Heaven and if I don’t it will be my own fault……I Hope something drastically changes in russia but it probably won’t until Pitler gets taken out……I hope Bloomer and Epj both win a few races this year, not looking so great right now……I hope for a lot of things that aren’t very realistic for a number of reasons, but I still have hope and keeps me fairly centered in my own way.

I completely understand the jaded view alot of smart folks have about the state of affairs in politics…….totally get the apathy and just saying screw it,we are stuck with what we are stuck with.

Had we all thought that in 2016, Hillary would have won…..That in and of itself gives me reason to have some political hope.